Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have a 2000pts per army game coming up soon with my Dwarfs and a friends High Elves allied up again two seperate 2000pts Ogre Kingdoms armies, and I know one of the Ogre players at least never leaves home without a gorger or two. I am planning on taking a solid core of infantry backed up with characters supported by 5 war machines and some thunderers (I normally play Beasts of Chaos so the shooting phase is something of a novelty to me) and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to protect my precious guns from those annoying skinny ogres. The plan is a double refused flank, me in one table quarter and the High Elves (a cavalry force) in the other.
Having seen what gorgers can do to war machines I rightly fear them.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
I'd employ 5 tactics, with varying degrees of deviousness:
- Master engineers: entrenchment has gotta be worth something.
- Slayers (small units scattered around the board edges )
- MORE slayers (heros, with 360 degree LOS to countercharge)
- Rune of Immolation: slap it on an inviting (and otherwise naked) bolt thrower, then blow the gorger up when it shows its face.
- FILL THE BOARD EDGE: if there is no room on the table edge for your enemy to deploy, it doesn't matter if he has special rules to appear near your units... This one will likely cause arguments though, and isn't very sporting at all, so it depends what kind of gamers you play with.
Hope something there helps out!
Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!