500 point eldar tournament army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point eldar tournament army

Some friends of mine are starting a 500 point tournament(they allow up to 505 points). here is my eldar army that ill be entering in that tournament. ill be mainly playing against marines, orks and tau. please post advice and tips.

HQ
    Farseer - 140
    -spirit stones
    -doom
    -mind war
    -guide

Troops - 240
    5 rangers
    -pathfinders

5 rangers
    -pathfinders

Heavy - 115
    Fire prism

the fire prism will target any tanks and use its template to take out light-medium infantry. the rangers will take out enemy heavies and pick off what the fire prism doesn't kill. the farseer will hang back and cast guide on the fire prism. when the opponent gets near, he will cast mind war and doom on them hopefully before they get into CC with the rangers or himself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Generally 500 point battles don't allow higher than combined armour 33 (so F12 S11 B10 ) and fire prisms are 34. They also usually don't allow monstrous creatures, you don't have any, I'm just pointing it out. It helps to prevent extremely broken armies from owning the battles (like an army with 2 wraithlords or something like that).

First off I think your farseer is worth too much. You should decide what role you want him to play, and then take off two powers and spirit stones. That will half his points. In such a small battle I think you should give him a singing spear, to help with anti-tank.

Next I would drop the prism (I think you'll have to anyways) and take either two warwalkers with scatter lasers or three with shuriken cannons. At 60 and 40 points respectively, these are a huge bargain for the amount of firepower they can dish out. Especially in small battles when your opponent probably won't have much in the way of anti-tank. If you take 2 with scatter lasers and have a farseer guiding them thats average of 12 S6 hits per turn at 36" range.

If you're still worried about anti-tank then you could take a walker with two EMLs, although if they aren't allowed over total armour 33 then the scatter walkers should suffice.

My suggested army would look like this:

Farseer - Guide, spear

5 Pathfinders

8 Dire Avengers - Exarch with 2x ASC

2 Warwalkers - 2x Scatter Lasers (or 3 warwalkers - 2x Shuriken Cannon)

1 Warwalker - 2x EML

Total Points - 502

Your strategy would then be to deploy the everyone near the back with your pathfinders on your objective, shoot everything the first couple of turns, then advance the dire avengers with your farseer and the walkers with scatter lasers to contest/claim objectives. This army should do very well against orks and tau, with marines if you can take out his anti-tank early you should clean up.
    Last edited by cheart; June 14th, 2009 at 18:10.
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just checked and there are no limits to monstrous creatures or tanks with over 33 armour points. i wanted the prism mainly because of the fact that most of the people ill play against will have virtually no anti tank at all, and because of the ap2 blast that might help vs. terminators and the ap4 large blast to take out ork mobs and tau fire warrior squads. is it worth taking out the farseer and replacing the pathfinder squads with two squads of normal rangers to get an autarch with a power wep and some banshees?