Librarium Online Forums banner

1994 Eldar List

<2000 
917 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Puganaut 
#1 ·
Autarch on a jetbike with mantle, reaper launcher, and power lance.

5 fire dragons, wave serpent, scatter laser, shuriken cannon
5 fire dragons, wave serpent, scatter laser, shuriken cannon

5x dire avengers, wave serpent, scatter laser, shuriken cannon
5x dire avengers, wave serpent, scatter laser, shuriken cannon
3x jetbike, 1x shuriken cannon
3x jetbike, 1x shuriken cannon

6x swooping hawks
8x warp spiders
2x hornets w/ 2x pulse lasers

2x war walkers w/ scatter laser and star cannon
2x war walkers w/ scatter laser and star cannon
2x war walkers w/ scatter laser and bright lance

I'm not thrilled with the list to be honest, I'm not sure what I'd really like to do. Maybe drop one of the units of fire dragons in favor of a couple extra war walkers and another hornet (and a few points to throw around somewhere).

See less See more
#2 ·
It's really not a bad list, from a competitive standpoint. I don't think that giving up a unit of FDs for more WWs and another Hornet really adds much to the list. If you were going to drop a unit of FDs, I'd swap them out for another unit of DAs and then use the points saved for a small upgrade to your WWs or Hornets; that way you still have 4 Wave Serpents.

Can I assume that the Autarch is rolling with the Warp Spiders? If so, adding an Exarch might give you a bit more flexibility with regard to challenges.

#4 · (Edited)
I can see where you are uncomfortable with the list. There is a lot of shooting from a distance, and a fair amount of close up shooting as well. The close up shooting is the part that makes me nervous. Personally, I would love to see a couple more Hornets and drop the Swooping Hawks to get the slot to do it.... Another option would be to replace the Fire Dragons for close combat units like Striking Scorpions or Harlequins with Kisses giving you something to take out small units of troops that are left over or camping.

I would take the mantle off of the Autarch and putting him with the Warp Spiders. You won't be able to deep strike them, but they can move far enough each turn to not have to. Also give him the Laser Lance instead of a Power Lance, much harder hitting. By putting him with the Spiders it will give you access to Hit and Run with it as well. To make it a truly hard-hitting close combat unit, give them an Exarch with Power Blades.

For the Hornets go Scatter Laser and Pulse Laser on each. Much more effective overall and a bit less in points.

Hope this helps!

#5 ·
Thank you all for the comments, the mantle autarch was something i picked up from another forum, I really want to try it out before dismissing it, despite the fact that losing independent character status sucks. And the power lance was totally supposed to be a laser lance, my apologies there.

As to dropping the swooping hawks, I'm really nervous about not having enough anti-tank, especially with imperial knights and super heavies available. That is also the reason for my hornet configuration. It is the same points as a scatter laser / pulse laser configuration while being equal against AV 12 and supperior vs. 13 and 14 (as well as against MEQs and TEQs). (It is REALLY bad against AV 14 though, pretty much a last ditch effort.)

I probably should decide if I'm a long range shooty army or an up close shooty army and plan my choices accordingly there. Thank you all again, and I'd love to continue getting your thoughts.

#6 ·
It definitely sounds like gamers in your area have a lot more heavy vehicles and super heavy vehicles than most. It looks like a great build to combat those types of things and should be very good at taking those types of lists on. The most fun I had in a game was with two 7 man squads of Fire Dragons with an Exarch in a Wave Serpent turning the back field of an IG players mech list into a parking lot with craters.

Have fun with it, it should do well for you.

#8 ·
You can always cap win. I was versing a max riptide unbound list with my amazingly uncompetitive Ulthwe themed list, and relying purely on invulns, I managed to cap the majority of objectives and ride out the storm with a win. Never underestimate the power of capping. If you can't hurt them, ride the game out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.