Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 points new to Eldar just played this vs Tau and won, is this a good list?

<2000 
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Puganaut 
#1 ·
I just played a 1500 points friendly game against tau who used
Battlesuit commander with 2 fusion blasters, 2 bodyguard with 2 fusion blasters
Riptide
Hammerhead and longstrike
6 pathfinders
6 pathfinders
12 fire warriors in a devilfish
3 stealth suits
piranha with fusion blaster
and I used

Spiritseer w/ shard of anaris 110 pts
5 Wraithblades w/ wave serpent 275 pts
5 Dire avengers 65 pts
5 Dire avengers 65 pts
5 Fire dragons w/ wave serpent and exarch 235 pts
5 Fire dragons w/ wave serpent and exarch 235 pts
Wraithknight w/ Suncanon and Scattershield 280 pts
Fire Prism 125 pts
5 Warp Spiders w/ Exarch with twin-linked death spinner
In this I tabled him after four turns with my Wraithknight taking out a lot including his bodyguard unit, the fire warriors, the pathfinders and the stealth suits. My dire avengers didn't really do much as well as the warp spiders who died quickly despite taking out the riptide on t2. My Wave serpents did a lot and they were effective in being a troop carrier allowing my wraithblades to knock the last hull point off the hammerhead. The fire dragons killed the devilfish and piranha before going down to the sustained fire of the bodyguard unit and the fire warriors. The Fire prism didn't really do much either, taking 1 hull point off the hammerhead before dying to the fire warriors with emp grenades.

See less See more
#2 ·
Kinda meh to be honest. Not overly competitive but quite a nice list.

Improvements:
With an 18" range Da's are not going to be mush use on foot IMHO. Transport/replacement/tactical explanation needed.
Why two serpents for the firedragons? Just out of interest.
Fireprisms are very meh. One shot wonder or one shot decent blast. Cool, but not the best.
Wraithblades are not that great, again IMHO. Not being able to cc the turn the hop out is a major con. I suggest changing for wgs.

#3 ·
I just wanted to use the Dire Avengers as objective holders and to take up unit choices. Unfortunately I didn't factor in all of the battlesuits deep striking in and making jet pack moves all over the place. Thankfully my Suncannon made quick work of it. My Fire Prism was very unfortuante as I missed twice with it, I took it mainly because I didn't have a huge amount of anti-tank (apart from the fire dragons) and I wanted to take out the hammerhead without getting too close to the riptide. I used two serpents for the fire dragons because I wanted to split them into two units so that he couldn't concentrate fire upon the one big unit and kill it quickly. It also allowed me to focus different units, rather than having to fire all 10 of my shots at the same thing. They did turn out to be quite useful that way. My Wraithblades were taken so that they could jump out and reak havoc amongst the usually anti close combat tau. If he chose not to shoot at me his fire warriors would probably die the next turn, and if he did shoot at me then I could use untouched shooting units to focus his big guns like the riptide or hammerhead. I didn't get to use them to full effect due to me tabling him on turn 4 but they did finish off the hammerhead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.