twin linked weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twin linked weapons

Hi,

Can anyone help me sort out the rules for twin linked weapons. I'm a bit confused as to how many weapons they are and how they work. I'll give three examples:

I have a wave serpent which according to the codex has "twin linked scatter lasers". My model has a gun turret with two scatter lasers on it. Does this give me 4 shots with a re-roll to hit or 4 shots for each weapon (=8 shots) with a re-roll to hit?

My usual opponent (SM) has a razorback. The SM codex describes this as having "a twin linked lascannon". Again the model has a weapon on top with two barrels. One weapon with a re-roll, two weapons with a re-roll?

I used a walker a while ago (don't use one very often, so may get things a bit wrong here). It has two weapon mounts and when the same kind of weapon is on both mounts they count as twin linked. So, if thats a scatter laser is that 4 shots with a re-roll to hit or 4 shots for each weapon (=8 shots) with a re-roll to hit?

I've seen different people locally play this both ways. So which should it be and is it always one way or is it sometimes one and sometimes another. Is neither correct and it should be resolved in a completely different way? The rule book and codices don't seem to make it clear. Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A twin linked weapon fires as the normal weapon would, but with rerolls to hit. Example: You fire your twin linked Brightlance, you still fire once, but you get a reroll if the first one misses.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Agreed.

Although as stated in a war walker profile they do not become twin linked
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A twin-linked weapon is usually modelled by a turret or sponson with two weapons. The turret on the razorback, the sponsons on a land raider etc. While the model on the wave serpent might look like it has two scatter lasers, it only counts as having one scatter laser which fires 4 shots with re-rolls to hit as its "twin-linked".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all.