Wave Serpent Conversion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wave Serpent Conversion?

God those Wave Serpents look Fugly, but I think I'll be needing one for my new army... Anyoe got some links/pics of converted Wave Serpents? I'd love to see some... The Turret is the Fugliest bit, and the shield prongs and the back look pretty daft also... Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Well as far as conversion go, you can go for the even more ugly Falcon to Wave Serpent conversion that was done before the Wave Serpent kit came out, or you can go the route of forgeworld.

Path of the Exodite: Wave Serpent

The other alternative, is to kitbash the turret of the Falcon with the body of the Wave Serpent, and a Forgeworld kit.

YouTube - BTP- Oceanic Eldar Completed
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)
    Last edited by niraco; May 10th, 2009 at 22:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forge world kit looks dead nice, I like the Falcon turret idea too. Could I buy a falcon and but the forge world kit on it with the Falcon turret? Mind you I'm then paying £130 for one piece of plastic, to go on the back...

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

The second link in Noracco's post is the scratchbuilt conversion from a Falcon, not the forgeworld upgrade kit.
    As far as converting Falcon's into Wave Serpents with the Forgeworld Wave Serpent conversion kit, I'm doing one right now, It's fairly straightforward and if you're using the Falcon turret with the Wave Serpent guns, all you really need to do is extend the cargo bay on the back with some plasticard and you should be good to go.

Edit: You're actually paying for the piece on the back, and the two side extensions, you'd be paying for the new turret swivel point and turret top too, but you're using the Falcon turret, so that part is useless. Oh, and it's resin, not plastic.
    Last edited by Fleeting Ęther; May 10th, 2009 at 21:58.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

The kit is meant for a falcon as the turret fits nicely when u take out the falcon turret. i know cause i have 4 falcons and only 1 original serpent so i needed some kits..there are bits for a turret, the choosen guns of the kit (you will need to manually convert other guns to fit this one with pinning) energy projectors and the front stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants another Forgeworld conversion kit, I have one for trade. I decided I liked the look of the new WS better.

It's the pieces you add on to the Falcon to make a Waveserpent. Comes with dual scatter lasers and I think I have an extra dual brightlance to go with it.
    Poor SM players, used to S4 T4 3+ saves that forget 40K is a sophisticated Rock-Paper-Scissors game and all they have is a pocket full of rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    If anyone wants another Forgeworld conversion kit, I have one for trade. I decided I liked the look of the new WS better.

It's the pieces you add on to the Falcon to make a Waveserpent. Comes with dual scatter lasers and I think I have an extra dual brightlance to go with it.
    Hello... Do you mean this one?

Waveserpent Type II

or this one?

Scatter Laser Wave Serpent Turret

I'd trade the first one but not realy interested in the second one te be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second one. I decided I liked the newer kits better (as I received two of them for my birthday last year).

Figured there might be somebody out there who wants another conversion kit to go along with the ones they already have.
    Poor SM players, used to S4 T4 3+ saves that forget 40K is a sophisticated Rock-Paper-Scissors game and all they have is a pocket full of rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    The second one. I decided I liked the newer kits better (as I received two of them for my birthday last year).

Figured there might be somebody out there who wants another conversion kit to go along with the ones they already have.
    I'd trae the turret definatly I'm jut not to bothered about the rest of it... What would you want for it. Could I use those bits on the "wings's" holofiel projectors? I got quite abit of stuff for sale so I could trade some of that... Eldar wise I got 3 falcons and 2 vypers. 2 of thhe falcons and both the vypers are painted black and white with the black glossy, I re painted the 3rd black falcon and it came out fine, no loss of detail. The 3rd (re-painted) Falcon is green and black. Just been trying out different colour schemes you see... Setlled on Biel-Tan though so it's all good Anyway this is turning into a sales pitch lol, message me if your interestedd.
    Last edited by john117; May 13th, 2009 at 18:27.