Ulthwe Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulthwe Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulthwe Army

I'm gonna start a eldar army and i decided to go with the Ulthwe Craftworld.I was wondering if theres anything like special rules or units that there not allowed to have in their army before i start buying and stuff. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I think you need to buy the Craftworld Eldar, Eldar Codex, and Eye of Terror for the full amount of rules but I am not sure because I don't play Uthwe.

I do know that you can take Black Guardians though which are basically a better version of the regular Guardian. Also there's some extra powers.

If you go to a local GW store they should be able to help you with what to buy, although sometimes they just try to get you to buy their product whether you need it or not.

By the way (BTW) welcome to LO!

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the codex i didnt buy the craftworld one cause it didnt seem to tell much more about the worlds.what does the Eye of terror book do for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Don't get the eye of terror codex, it would provide you with a very extreme ulthwe army list, and is highly recommended for those experienced and don't mind losing, and such ^.^.

For easeness, go pick up the craftworld eldar codex, (though its not going to help you immensely at all, you just need it for the rules)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Eye of Terror introduces various army variants:

13th Company (Space Wolves)
    Cadian Shock Troops (Imperial Guard)
    The Lost and the Damned (Chaos)
    Ulthwe Strike Force (Eldar)

There's also some new units.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

But it isn't recommended enough to change really from standard ulthwe craftworld to USF.. because of the major drawbacks and differences. And since eldar are underpowered in the 4th edition as is, it makes it even harder.

Not to say I dont kill with eldar, but once you see 4th edition armies rolling, you see some statistical problems. IMO if you ever want to go gate opening i'd rather play Dark eldar, who do the job much better, and get bs 4 as a standard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go with standard ulthwe' unless you are going to go total infintry.

you will need the craftworld dex though as it has the seer council entry and augment + the actual army conditions.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You need the Craftworld Eldar codex.

Now, click this link: Eldar beginners guide (New Eldar Tactica), and scroll down a bit to the Ulthwé section. :yes:
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Don't get the eye of terror codex, it would provide you with a very extreme ulthwe army list, and is highly recommended for those experienced and don't mind losing, and such ^.^.
    An USF can be far more potent than the regular Ulthwe Force, though I say potent it's also very hit or miss, but if it hits, it hits hard. Regular Ulthwe might be more fun as you sort of have to play a strike force a single way. But keep note an USF is very light, the basic bolter threatens your heaviest vehicals >_<

Not to say I dont kill with eldar, but once you see 4th edition armies rolling, you see some statistical problems. IMO if you ever want to go gate opening i'd rather play Dark eldar, who do the job much better, and get bs 4 as a standard
    hmmm DE has it's advantages in speed compared to an USF, but keep note, unless the rules have been updated the Eldar wraithgate is far better than an DE webway portal. Bascially the webway is far more restricting when you deploy it and unlike the Wraithgate it doesn't automatically drop if the person carrying it dies. So if you left too much in reserve they would just not come on the board. Oh plus DE basic weapons are crap compared to Eldar

You need the Craftworld Eldar codex.

Now, click this link: Eldar beginners guide, and scroll down a bit to the Ulthw&#233; section.
    o.o

My embaressing tacticas in there >_<, Just on a side note I have changed it quite a bit now, so it's re-able now.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; February 5th, 2006 at 18:37.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats with bashing the strike force? they are my regular army and ive never lost or had any problems with them. if you only look at the drawbacks, sure they suck but what army doesnt. you play tau til turn three, than you can beat any army out there in combat. its like playing blood angels with a special rule saying *my combat boys cant be shot at until i say so* maybe you just never saw a good list for them?