First Empire Army 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Empire Army 1000pts

Warrior Priest 142pts

20x Spearmen full comand/Shields 140pts
    Detach: 10x Handgunners 80pts (I got the handgunners for free when i bought the armybook)

8x Knights full comand/ Standard of Arcane warding 254pts

10x Hunters 100pts

20x Flagellants prophet of doom 210pts

15x milita 75pts

Well this is my first list. This list (if you havent read my post in empire forums) is a zealot army that is based on Warrior Priests and Flagellants. It is suposed to be a traveling army thats only purpose it to destroy all the evil and enemys of sigmar and the empire. I will make this army to 2000 pts in the near future so any advise on expanding this force would be thanked. Thanks in advance.

I have no idea what to put here so ill put this...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Warrior Priest 142pts
    Mount the priest and stick him with the knights. This will maximise the priests abilities and enhance the knights combat potential.

8x Knights full comand/ Standard of Arcane warding 254pts
    Looks fun.

I would only field them in a unit of 6 though. (5 if you are adding the warrior priest) as they are best used as flankers and to that effect don't need an incomplete back rank.

Also, 4 models is not a complete rank so running them in 2x4 is just silly.

10x Hunters 100pts
    Good. Stock standard skirmishers. Use them for march blocking, harrying, shooting at war machines and just being a general nuisance.

20x Flagellants prophet of doom 210pts
    Cool!

15x milita 75pts
    I understand that these fit with the theme of your army, but they need to be bigger. 20 models at least, 25 even better. They are fairly weak in all respects and they really need the combat resolution from ranks and outnumbering for them to be even marginally useful.

As for expansion ideas. At this point i would suggest just getting another detachment for the spearmen, preferably halberds.

I would also suggest getting at least one piece of artillery. Artillery is a more or less neutral selection and so you could justify its inclusion. I like the hellblaster myself...but thats up to you.

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for your imput snowball. well I have reworked my list a bit ive thought about it and ill just end up putting the flagelents in the 2000 point army. For now ill take a cannon and pistoliers.

Warrior Priest Doomfire, GW, Heavy Arm, Barded horse 142pts (he was on a horse but forgot to wright it down)

25x Milita 125pts

20x Spearmen Full Com/ Shields 140pts
    Det: 10x Handgunners 80pts

7x knights standard/standard of arcane wrath 207pts

10x Hunters 100pts

5x pistoliers musician 102pts

great Cannon 100pts

Well this is 994 points and i think ill buy this it sounds pretty good but i really want more imput on the units and if they complement each other well. Thank You all in advanced for your imput

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Warrior Priest Doomfire, GW, Heavy Arm, Barded horse 142pts (he was on a horse but forgot to wright it down)
    Drop the doomfire ring. Your opponent will easily be able to dispel it and your bound spell from the priest. Drop the great weapon too since you only get +1S while mounted.

Give him either the dawn armour, sword of might and a shield for a 1+ rerollable save and S5 as before or

sword of might, enchanted shield, heavy armour for just a 1+ save (and save some points)

25x Milita 125pts

I would think you would want your spearmen to be larger. I'm a big fan of 2 detachments for each parent unit. Why don't you think about getting a unit of swordsmen and using the militia for detachments? Also drop the champion from the spearmen.

Drop these down to 5 since you won't get them all into combat. Give them a musician and champion. I would switch the standard for the war banner. It will let you punch through just about anything. You can put the points saved towards your infantry.

10x Hunters 100pts
    Have fun with them, don't be surprised if you can't scout with them though. Its sometimes hard to find a place for 10 scouts.

Thats actually 97 pts. They're good like that, but you can double their firepower if you want by adding a champion and repeater pistol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Warrior Priest Doomfire, GW, Heavy Arm, Barded horse 142pts
    Keep him simple.

A Barded warhorse, heavy armour, shield and a sword of might will suffice.

25x Milita 125pts

Much better.

I would still drop the champion from the spearmen unit, he isn't really needed. And just like DotR, i would really like to see a second detachment for this unit.

The militia are good, they are a really cheap block of infantry which is always useful. They are an expendable speed bump and should be used to tie an enemy up long enough for the knights to come riding over the horizon.

Just remember that the militia are more than likely to die every battle you play. They are meant to. Time spent killing them is time you can spend getting into position, and time spent ignoring your more dangerous units.

Still too big.

Once the priest joins them it is an 8 man squad. Too big for 1 rank and too small for 2. Make them into a unit of 5 instead. 6 is a good frontage and most of them will get into combat most of the time.

great Cannon 100pts
    Good!

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for more help I think this should be my actual list with few tweaks here and there as to what you all have said.

Warrior Priest Dawn Armour, Barded horse, sword Might, Shield 156pts

25x Milita 125pts

25x Spearmen Full Com/ Shields 170pts

5x knights standard/warbanner 156pts

10x Hunters 100pts

5x pistoliers musician, outrider/with repeter 104pts

great Cannon 100pts

Ok this is 991 points I think this looks like a good strong list. I am wondering What i can do with the last 9 points. Also What kind of tactics should I use with this list and What if any Army should I have the most trouble with. Thank you again for repling you all have been very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I am wondering What i can do with the last 9 points.
    Drop the champion from the unit of spearmen and add one into the unit of knights. If a character is joining a unit you should always have a champion to accept unwelcome challenges.

What if any Army should I have the most trouble with.
    It looks like a fairly balanced list that should do well against most armies. However, i think you will have the most difficulty against armies that are almost entirely static. I.e. gunlines for the most part (empire, skaven and dwarf).

Against these however, use your scouts and fast cavalry to engage a flank of their army quickly then advance up the hole left in their avenue of fire.

Once you get to their lines you shouldn't have much difficulty in cleaning up.

What kind of tactics should I use with this list
    This list embodies what the empire is most about, diversity.

You have a solid block of infantry, scouts, fast cavalry, artillery, missile troops, hard hitting knights and a large block of expendable "cannon fodder".

As a result there really isn't any set tactics you should follow, you should rather adapt to each army you face,

Good luck,

Regards

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Ogres are going to hand you your butt, but nobody really plays them:party2:. Otherwise, any army that comes at you with hard hitting units, or tough armor will hurt you. Dwarves will shred you with gunnery if you let them. Hate to be your proverbial Prophet of Doom.

The list is actually quite good. I like it. Use that big unit of flagellants to hold the center, the state troops to flank, and their detachment to cover your flank. The pistoliers, knights, and huntsmen could all set up on one side of the field and work as a variation on the refused flank. Whatever attacks your hunters, the knights and pistoliers can sally out to prey upon, befor turning the flank and attacking the foe. Perhaps line your free co. on that flank as well, to cover the gap that will be left in your lines.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread