Friendly 2000pt Pure Kislev - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly 2000pt Pure Kislev

First of all, sorry for posting Kislev here. I figured the empire was as close as I would get to a Kislev forum, being the closest humans and all. And I know my magic phase will be weak if I am pure kislev (among other things), but the army really appeals to me via the models, background, and the ice lore. Any suggestions within the limited Kislev units would be greatly appreciated. The website with the rulebook is here.

LORD
    Tzarina Katarin

HEROES
    Boyar 118
    Warhorse, heavy armor, enchanted shield, lance

Boyar 125
    Warhorse, heavy armor, shield, talisman of protection, lance

Boyar 129
    Warhorse, heavy armor, standard

CORE

Kossars x10
    Kossars x10

Ungol Horse Archers x5
    Ungol Horse Archers x5
    Ungol Horse Archers x5
    Ungol Horse Archers x5

SPECIAL
    (Katarin waivs the 0-1 GL restriction)

Gryphon Legion x6 196 (Boyar 1)
    Full Command

Gryphon Legion x6 196 (Boyar 3)

Gryphon Legion x6 221 (Boyar 2)
    Full Command, Warbanner

The idea is to split the boyars between the Gryphon Legions to grant similar bonuses from banners and give each unit stubborn. I'm coming from a lizardmen army, so any help with tactics would be greatly appreciated!

Any suggestions, thoughts, or opinions? Thanks in advance. ;Y

Last edited by Zeuy; October 10th, 2007 at 09:05. Reason: Added Kossars and adjusted units

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Thr Gryphon units seem awful big. Can you make four units? Would that take too many slots?

I'd love to play against the list. I've never seen a kislev army fielded.

I wonder, though, if you could get more magic in?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get more magic in, but I have to drop the pure Kislev theme. Don't have my books right now, so can I have four special units at 2k? If so, might switch the gryphon riders to
    x7
    x6
    x6
    x6
    but I couldn't afford command. Maybe drop the x7 unit for the command points, or should I not worry about it?

Thanks for responding.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

gryphon legion are 0-1 unless your friend gives you otherwise. You'd still do better to have them in smaller units (6 wide at the most) and then use them to flank. Use the winged lancers, not quite as good but still worthy of taking. I would take command and a warbanner on the Gryphon legion and make them the hammer unit.

No Kossars? I know they suck, but they still would provide some shooting and combat resolution.

I may have to bring my Kislev Rules for 7th edition that I made up ~ I'll post them for you guys to take a look at. I would also give the boyer either a lance or sword of might.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katarin waives the 0-1 restriction on Gryphon Legions. And for two points more per model, the Gryphon Legions are well worth it when compared to Winged Lancers.

I decided against Kossars for a couple of reasons. First, I feared they would fall behind the rest of army due to their slower speed. Second, Ungol Horse Archers are cheaper for a minimum-sized unit of either. Also, when compared to UHA, Kossars seemed they might be difficult to get into position relative to the rest of the army, and they are lesser archers. Still, I have little experience with a cavalry army (normally play Lizardmen), so I'm open to discussion on this point.

Why would you give Boyar 1 either a lance or a sword of might? I thought a sword of striking would be better because the rest of the unit is hitting hard, so some accurate shots would balance the unit better. Also, what kind of ranged weapon should I be tacking on Boyar 1 & 2 (if any)? And should I switch out the GL Champions lance for a pistol? I think the lance would be better, but I'm not used to CC units with ranged weapons.

After I look up magic item rules again, I'll work on a new army list with your suggestions in mind. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zeuy; October 10th, 2007 at 08:57.

+ Reply to Thread