2000 point Friendly - New to Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x1)

2000 point Friendly - New to Empire

Having played 40K for a while I need a change and WFB it has to be.

I spent ages pondering which army, then decided on Empire because it has Cannons.

This is my first go at an army, having pondered the army book. The plan is simple and rather medieval. Move the troops forwards flanked by Knights having softened up the enemy first with cannon fire. I have gone with detachments because from reading it seems the best way to go.

I have no idea about magic items for the Heroes, or magic standards for the Knights, so extra help here would also be good.

Heroes (275)

Captain of the Empire, Imperial Pegasus (thinking of a great weapon and plate armour)
    Warrior Priest (thinking of two-handed hammer and heavy armour)
    Battle Wizard

Core (1060)
    Halberdiers x 20 with full command
    Detachment of 10 Swordsmen
    Detachment of 10 Handgunners (or Crossbowmen)

This repeated twice

Knights x 10 with full command

This repeated twice

Great Cannon x 3

Helblaster x 1

Total 1885 points - leaving 115 points for magic etc.

Please let me know what you think, any and all comments appreciated. The one thing that cannot be changed is the cannons - they have to stay. For everything else I am at your mercy

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Why not detachments of 5? Hmm, I take that back. My general strategy against Empire is to always remove detachments first, so being able to withstand some losses there is probably good.

However, such a big unit of knights seems overkill. Do you have slots for two units of five? Twice as many threads and no models hanging out on the back row doing nothing more than adding unit size.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread