2000 pt First Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Superflat Monogram Sayomi Akimoto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

2000 pt First Army List

This is my first army list for the Empire, as you can tell from the title. You'll notice quite a few Warrior Priests in the list, and that's because I rather like Warrior Priests, but I'm willing to drop a few of them to make the army more flexible.

Lords
    Arch Lector of Sigmar
    Mace of Helsturm
    Armor of Meteoric Iron

Heroes
    Luthor Huss

Warrior Priest
    Hammer of Judgement
    Heavy Armor
    Shield

Warrior Priest
    Additional Warhammer
    Dawn armor

Core
    Swordsmen X25
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Detachments
    Handgunners X10
    HalberdersX10

Swordsmen X25
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Detachments
    Handgunners X10
    HalberdersX10

Knights X9
    Musician
    Standard

Flagellants X20

Special

Greatswords X20
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Detachment
    Swordsmen X10
    Halberdiers X10

The Arch Lector will join the Greatswords, Luthor Huss will join the Knights and the last two warrior priests will join the two blocks of swordsmen.

As you can see, this is very much a close combat army, without much in the way of shooting beyond those two detachments of hand gunners. My question is, will this work without the support of artillery and shooting? I'm doing my best to keep away from black powder weapons, but if they're just too valuable to give up, I'll go drop some stuff and pick them up. I'm also considering just dropping the Arch Lector and replace him with something else, maybe a General or something of that sort.

Last edited by Sayomi Akimoto; March 24th, 2008 at 02:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Well, my first thought on this list was about the handgunners. Something you might want to consider is taking pistoliers instead. I can see you being very vulerable to anyone who takes a couple of war machines and you really don't have anything to answer back with. So instead of taking hand gunners, you might want to think about taking some pistoliers. They will get alot of dakka in and can serve as fairly good flankers when you need that extra combat res. But more importantly, they can rush toward those war machines and take on the crew with relative ease, which will releave alot pressure off your blocks. And frankly, I wouldn't worry about not taking a ton of shooting, you got to play to your strengths and definitely yours being getting up in your face.

Another thought was your Arch Lector and his mace. Yeah, I can totally see your arch lector going "Mace to the Face!" and the other guy's head exploding and that is totally cool. However, something you might want to consider is that your opponent is probably going to try desperately to avoid those great swords and your Lector won't get a chance to shine. So instead, think about mounting him and maybe running another group of knights just for that purpose. And you could even take the Spectulum and that could be even better!

Otherwise, cool cool.

+ Reply to Thread