2300 pts revised ( for Tournament ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2300 pts revised ( for Tournament )

I have now played a couple of games with my original list that was put together for me and have now come up with this revision.

Arch Lector ( Speculum / Sword of Might / Armour of Meteoric Iron / War Altar )

Warrior Priest (HA / SH / Warhorse / Bard /Doomfire Ring / Sword of Justice )

Battle Wizard Lvl2 (Warhorse / Bard / Rod of Power / Sigil of Sigmar)

Battle Wizard Lvl2 ( 2 x Dispel )

25 Swordsmen ( FC ) detachments = 5 free Company + 9 spearmen

15 Flaggelents ( core )

10 knightls of the Inner Circle ( FC / Warbanner )

5 knightly Orders ( Std / Mus )

9 Outriders ( Mus / Champ / Hochland )

2 x cannon

15 Flaggelents

1 x Helblaster

8 Power
    7 Dispel
    102 models

The 2 Flagellant units flank the swordsmen and the Helblaster sits ona flank to scare the opposition.

The Warrior Priest goes in with the Inner Circle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

First, I would like to say props to you for going all out w/ Priests and Wizards. I think they can make for intensely fierce Empire characters that can be super versatile and annoying as heck for the opponent. You overcome your low leadership w/ your priests and flagellants and cav (which, well, yeah...the're cav. Either hit hard or run and rally). And personally, I like to stay with fluff (your Priest w/ the Sword of Justice made me cringe a bit) but that is just me.

Well, as far as units go, I was wondering how you were going to play this army, either march them forward or hold back? Or something else entirely? The reason I ask is that is the question I ask myself as far as detachments go. They really make a big deciding factor because if I think I am going to play conservative, then I go w/ crossbowmen or handgunners as dets and Spearmen or Swordsmen w/ parent. Offensive, swordsmen parent and haliberders as dets. Funny thing is that the defensive way is most flexible since you can leave the det behind and it does just as fine as a regular unit save it isn't causing panic. But otherwise, I would say drop the spearmen for a det, it doesn't make sense since they should be charging but that makes the spears useless. Go for haliberders instead.

Another thing is that I see you are using outriders. VERY COOL! I think they can be extremely destructive since they have a huge number of shots and can get in close range easy. However, I think you should reduce the number down to 5 since I don't really think you want to spend the time making a 9 wide firing line if you want all the shots. Maybe make a second unit of them instead or take some pistoliers so you have a bit more flexibility. Also, I would suggest dropping the long rifle because since you are going to be moving alot, I don't think you are going to be able to earn the points back for it but then again, I haven't used it at all. If I did I would want it shooting every turn and it's half range isn't that bad so keeping it stationary would do pretty good.

Last bit of suggestion I have is that I find your model count to be kinda low. Yeah, I know it is 100+ models but really, one of Empire's only advantage is their number. Probably the last three games I have played, at the set up, my opponents have all said, "God....so many..." It is kinda intimidating to see all of you taking up the field and also makes them think twice since you appear to be everywhere. I find that be one of the things that makes warm all inside.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if youre going to be speculuming, maybe go with sword of battle? you might be able to ditich the metioric iron for just heavy armor and a sheild and use those points somewhere else?...

no complaints, maybe though youd want to consider the silver horn rather than doomfire ring as you dont have a battle standard...it might help to make up a bit for the leadership difficulties youd have? plus it adds another spell....you could put this on teh lector maybe if you drop the metioric iron....

good....

classic dispel caddy, no complaints...

id tweak this a bit, either drop the free company or up it to a detatchment of 10 (can drop 5 from main unit) also dont use spearmen as a detatchment, theyll be charging more than normal, use swordsmen....

15 Flaggelents ( core )

good, more flaggelents if possible as with the sacrafice and no armor they can go pretty quickly....

maybe drop a night or two out of here, one will get you some points for more flagelants and with the priest youd still have 10?

make 2 units of 5, or 1 of outriders and 1 of pistoliers for more flexibility, or just do 5 alone and use the points elsewhere....more flagelants or some normal handgunners??
    10 is just too large and in 1/2 theyre games 5 wont even make their points back

2 x cannon

some games they wont do a whole lot and in some they will be devestating, good for tourneys where people try to be clever and bring dragons, so id keep em

15 Flaggelents

NEED MORE!!!

1 x Helblaster

like it

if you were to drop 5 outriders and the one inner circle knight youd save 131 points, with that you could but 10 more flagelants to fill out your units and fill out the swordsmens free company, or you could but 10 handgunners and still make one of the flaggelant units 20 strong, i think that might be your smart choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gerry51 View Post
    I have now played a couple of games with my original list that was put together for me and have now come up with this revision.

Fantastico, don't listen to Belitan Armour of meteoric iron ftw, he is a tank, you don't want him to die,
    I think you have enough bounds already and a BSB with icon of magnus would be much better for your knights (I hate fear checks)

Perfect, you have enough magic, more reason to get the BSB
    Archer detachments rock! Why spearmen btw?
    15 Flaggelents ( core )
    great, again no offence belitan I would not listen to his advice. You only need this unit to hold 1 turn then you counter, I run 3 units of 10 and they work like a charm
    Inner Circle is not needed and not worth the extra 30 points and special slot imo and drop 1 to make 9
    If a character isn't joining don't give it a standard, champ is better (challenge )
    As Belitan said, 2 units of 5 if you drop IC
    2 x cannon
    Great
    15 Flaggelents
    Awesome
    1 x Helblaster
    Ehhh, For almost the same points, and you can use the points saved, I would definetely get another swordsmen block with detachments.
    8 Power
    7 Dispel
    102 models

The 2 Flagellant units flank the swordsmen and the Helblaster sits ona flank to scare the opposition.

The Warrior Priest goes in with the Inner Circle.
    Looks good, very balanced, plays in all phases of the game. Just some minor tweaks will make it much better imo. Good luck
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

+ Reply to Thread