2250 Empire Army- Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Empire Army- Tourney

So here was my list, tell me what you think

LORD
    Grand master 190
    Sword of Sigismund

Heros

Wizard Lv 2
    2 dispel 150

Warrior Priest heavy armor, shield
    silver horn and sword of battle 146

Warrior Priest, 2 hand weapons
    meteoric iron,

CORE

20 Swordsmen w/FC 145
    Detachment 10 swordsmen

20 Spearmen w/FC 145
    Detachment 10 handgunners

20 Swordsmen w/FC 145
    Detachment 10 swordsmen

Flagellents 20 w/ prophet 210

SPECIAL

5 knights w/FC 195 warbanner
    Inner Circle

Cannon

Pistoliers w/ musician 97

Rare

Steam Tank

Hellblaster

im 2 points over but i figure if i have to ill make one of the swordsmen detatchments 9 guys instead of 10

the grand master goes with the IC knights, the priests both go with the swordsment units and the wizard sits with the spearmen

The knights, pistoliers and steam tank take one flank, the flagelants take another and the center is anchored by the big infantry blocks and war machines
    my only concern is that I have only the cannon and steam tank to take out super scary units...also while my magic defense should be OK i dont have a ton of magic OFFENSE

4 power dice
    5 dispel dice

Last edited by gingerninja; July 30th, 2008 at 15:28. Reason: Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Allright, firstly make the wizard lvl 1, with 4 dice and 2 bounds, he isn't getting much off, unless you pick up more bounds. Secondly I would build your GM to live, I think a lance is the best way to go and get the holy relic or rod of command. Thirdly, mount your priests. It is never a bad idea to do that, they get a 2+ save, can still join infantry, and if needed charge out of the unit at something easy to kill, that way they really don't need magic items unless you want more bounds (doomfire ring, casket of sorcery). Fouthly, the magic number for swordsmen blocks is 25, 23 if you want priests to join so they are 25 and they can outnumber other blocks and keep rank bonuses. Plus definetely drop your detach's to 9 and go 3X3, I dout you will ever see the situation arise where they need a rank bonus and the small frontage makes them so much more maneouverable. Btw archer detachs ftw. I would definetely take them over swords/ halberds anyday. For artillery since you have an open special slot drop your hellblaster for another cannon or pistoliers. Both are twice as good but for less points. Otherwise the list is fine.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

+ Reply to Thread