1000pt Starter list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Starter list

1000pts
    HEROES:
    Captain of the Empire
    Fullplate armor, Lance, Shield
    Warhorse, Barding

Captain of the Empire(General)
    Hammer of Judgement, Meteoric Iron, Pistol

Battle Wizard
    Dispell Scroll x2

CORE:

Halberdiers(19 )
    Halberds,Light Armour, Shield, Full Command, Banner of Duty

Crossbowmen( 10 )
    Crossbows, Hand Weapon

Knightly Order ( 6 )
    Lances, Shields, Preceptor

SPECIAL:

Outriders( 5 )
    Repeater Handguns

Great Cannon
    3 Crew

RARE:

Hellblaster Volley Gun
    3 Crew

988pts

That was a basic list i scratched out earlier today. Please comments and constructive criticism. I am inexperienced with Empire lists.

EDIT:
    I remade the list. few things here and there that will be changed Mounted Captain will go with the knights while the foot captain will be with the halberdiers.

Last edited by PAw; July 28th, 2008 at 19:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ere you go

Quote Originally Posted by PAw View Post
    1000pts HEROES: Captain of the Empire Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Talisman of Protection. Warhorse Battle Wizard Level 2 Wizard's Staff, The Crimson Amulet, Lore of Life CORE: Spearmen(10 inc. Champ) Spears,Light Armour, Shield, Champion [Detachment: Free Company 5man] Spearmen(10) Spears,Light Armour, Shield [Detachment: Free Company 5man] Free Company(10) Hand Weapons Knightly Order(8 inc. champ) Barding, Great weapons, Full Plate Armor SPECIAL: Pistoliers( Brace of Pistols, Light Armor Great Cannon RARE: Hellblaster Volley Gun 955pts That was a basic list i scratched out earlier today. Please comments and constructive criticism. I am inexperienced with Empire lists. Captain goes with the knights Battle Wizard i am unsure of at the moment.
    ************************************************************************** I would give the Captain a Full Plate Armour, so that he would get a 2+ Armour Save. I'm not sure about the magic equipment - long time since I've played the Empire. Combine the 2x10 Spearmen to a unit of 20 Spearmen and with a detachment of 9 (3x3) Free Company and 5 Archers (get 5 Archers from the independent Free Company-unit). The Empire State Troops win by Combat Resolution, not by killing. This is also why you need the Full Command w/ Standard Bearer and Musician, not only the Champion. Bulk up the Free Company-detachment to at least nine men, because Free Company doesn't have any armour and therefore dies fast - and you would keep at least a unit-strength of 5 (to negate any rank-bonuses from your opponent) Shorten the Pistoliers-unit to 5 Pistoliers, since they're Fast Cavalry they don't get any rank-bonuses anyway. If the Captain goes w/ the Knights, you only need 7 of them (which makes 4x2). HEROES: 186pts (w/o magic items) Captain of the Empire 76pts + Great Weapon Full Plate Armour Warhorse + (Goes w/ the White Wolves) Battle Wizard 110pts + Level 2 Warhorse * I'd go for Lore of Fire, since your army lack of shooting + (Goes w/ the Pistoliers) CORE: 431pts Spearmen (20) 145pts + 85pts Shields Full Command + Det.: 9 Free Company & 5 Archers White Wolves (7) 201pts Full Command SPECIAL: 190pts Pistoliers (5) 90pts Great Cannon 100pts RARE: 110pts Hellblaster Volley Gun 110pts TOTAL PTS: 917pts (w/o magic items)

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the list and such please tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by PAw View Post
    1000pts
    HEROES:
    Captain of the Empire
    Fullplate armor, Lance, Shield
    Warhorse, Barding

Captain of the Empire(General)
    Hammer of Judgement, Meteoric Iron, Pistol

Battle Wizard
    Dispell Scroll x2

CORE:

Halberdiers(19 )
    Halberds,Light Armour, Shield, Full Command, Banner of Duty

Crossbowmen( 10 )
    Crossbows, Hand Weapon

Knightly Order ( 6 )
    Lances, Shields, Preceptor

SPECIAL:

Outriders( 5 )
    Repeater Handguns

Great Cannon
    3 Crew

RARE:

Hellblaster Volley Gun
    3 Crew

988pts

That was a basic list i scratched out earlier today. Please comments and constructive criticism. I am inexperienced with Empire lists.

EDIT:
    I remade the list. few things here and there that will be changed Mounted Captain will go with the knights while the foot captain will be with the halberdiers.
    There's no point in giving the general of your army a pistol, since he's not going in a shooting unit w/ pistols anyway. Rather use 6 pts on a state trooper or something instead. I don't know about the Hammer of Judgement, but if you drop it for a Great Weapon (which is the most normal combo for an Empire captain) you save yourself another 21 pts.

The rest of the HEROES seems fair.

First of, in the CORE-section; your State Troops can't take any specific banners unless a General of the Empire (Ancestral Heirloom) leads the army. Next, are Halberdiers a important part of your fluff? If not, drop them for Swordsmen. I use Spearmen, because I have the old models; spearmen are used defensively - taking charges so that they get "Fight in two ranks" from the start (not taking charges from hard-hitting units though). But the Swordsmen get +1 WS and +1 I - very useful.

I would advise you to use detachments for the Empire, since it's a great strength of them. You could split up the Crossbowmen into two units of 5 - that way you can deploy them easier and get "Stand and Shoot/Support-fire" if someone charges their Parent unit (w/o getting the -1 To Hit as they're not getting charged themselves). But what you really should have is a Shooting and a Close Combat-detachment (3x3 on the CC-unit) to negate the other regiment's Rank-bonuses and get flank.

Give the Knights Full Command, so that they easier rally and win in CR.

Else than that, I think it seems good.

+ Reply to Thread