For the love of the Emperor! 2k Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of the Emperor! 2k Friendly

Hello everyone! I am an avid reader and infrequent poster on the LO forums for quite some time now. Iíve been playing warhammer for a little over a year and a half with Ogres, and I feel it is time to start working on a new army. I am attracted to the empire because they are, in many ways, complete opposites to my beloved man eating half giants. It seems that the empire is composed of primarily weaker, cheap troops that allow for a non-character centered flexible fighting force with multiple builds and rewarding battles.

I picked up the army book a few weeks ago and have been playing around with a list I could start working on. I want it to be fairly balanced, though I have a real fondness for all the mounted troops choices (Heavily armored knights? Yes. Gun slinging nobles? Yes. Multi-shot riffle-toting bearded mad men? Yes yes yes please!) I like the thought of large blocks of infantry slugging it out while more specialized units charge down the flanks, beating and shooting everything they encounter along the way, and Iíve only heard good things about the detachment system. I think I will pick up the army box, seeing as that has a good selection and amount of models at a good savings when itís 20% discounted.

Here is the 2,000 pt. list and some questions Iíve been thinking about. I only used about 3/4 of the points so that I can fill in a bit more with some feedback.

Characters:
    1 Templar Grand Master equipped with ??? fighting w/ Inner Circle Knights
    1 ???
    1 ???
    11 Master Engineers w/ pigeons

Core:
    25 Swordsmen w/ 8 Halberdiers + 5 Handgunners detachments
    25 Swordsmen w/ 8 Halberdiers + 5 Handgunners detachments
    6 Knightly Order
    (25 Flagellants?)

Special:
    6 Pistoliers
    6 Outriders
    8 Inner Circle Knights (White Wolf??) 6 wide + GM leaves three spares
    1 Great Cannon

Rare:
    1 Helblaster or Helstorm
    (25 Flagellants here instead?)

-I would like to use a Grand Master for the fluff, cool factor, and actual hitting power, but is that such a good idea? If so, how should I equip him? White Wolf = Bad idea?
    -All in all, what characters should I select (besides four master engineers)? Not being combat machines, what roles do they shine in? How could and should I equip them?
    -I donít really want to focus on magic, but how much capability do I need?
    -What would you do for command with each unit?
    -Are knights of the White Wolf worth taking? In the Middenheim list, their hammers are +2 S on the charge and +1 thereafter, but are they really just great weapons now? As much as I love the idea of a bunch of long haired beastly knights bashing skulls in, is it really worth losing the +1 S on the charge and the weaker armor save?
    -I am torn between Flagellants and Greatswords, but I am leaning Flagellants to save that special slot. Either way, I would likely use them as the core of the infantry. Thoughts?
    -What would you do for artillery in this list?
    -What do I have to do to handle a variety of different armies? I want to make a well rounded list that could be easily modified to fill a more specific role (combat, shooting, magic).

Thanks for reading! Any advice is welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First advice is to go for shorter posts on the forums!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been there

I was as confused as you are. you have a better start though as i had the contents of the 6th edtion box set to start my army.

1) lances are more effective on horsback than great wpns currently.

2) run a warior priest and your flags are core and you get 1 more dispel dice and bound magic
    3)you should run a block of 09 knights with the steel standard as your templar body guard.

4) hellblaster all the way it denies a flank and pays for it self every battle

5) run at least 1 level 2 wizard i like power stone and dispel scroll

6) play test against as many armies and players as possible take notes and adjust

hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also

sorry bit long winded but equip your templar with laurels and sword of justice.

+ Reply to Thread