2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 points

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

2000 points

General + Full Plate + Shield + Runefang - 195 pts

Captain + Pegasus + Full Plate + Shield + Sword of Fate - 150 pts

Warrior Priest + Heavy Armour + Shield + Aldred's Casket of Sorcery - 131 pts

Battle Wizard level 2 + Wizards Staff + Doomfire Ring - 140 pts

25 Halberdiers + Full Command - 190 pts (including detachment)
    -Detachment of 9 Free Company

25 Halberdiers + Full Command - 190 pts (including detachment)
    -Detachment of 9 Free Company

25 Swordsmen + Full Command - 220 pts (including detachment)
    -Detachment of 9 Halberdiers or Free Company (I can't decide)

10 Crossbowmen + Marksman - 85 pts

10 Archers + Marksman - 85 pts

5 Pistoliers + Outrider + Repeater Pistol + Musician - 114 pts

5 Knights of the Inner Circle + Full Command - 170 pts

Great Cannon -

Hellstorm Rocket Battery -

Hellstorm Rocket Battery -

I plan on using the 3 infantry blocks as an advancing line, with my General, Warrior Priest and Wizard pretty close together, maybe even in the same unit.

The Captain will advance with the line and then 1 or 2 turns before the armies clash he will charge at his target, which will be something important (like a VC General or a terror causing monster, or just something that is worth more points than him).

The Pistoliers and the Knights will work together as line breakers. The Pistoliers will try to weaken a unit so that the Knights can charge in and overrun behind enemy lines, and later go for the rear charge or kill war machines (although they are probably more likely to just change the target of enemy war machines for a turn, which I would be happy with in most cases anyways)

The Hellstorm Rocket Batteries will bombard the enemy for a few turns while I get my lines into position (this is the reason why my cavalry and my Captain won't just charge in as fast as they can...they dont want to get hit!). The Cannon will shoot at whatever needs to be shot with monsters and chariots being priority targets.

The Archers and the Crossbowmen will be shooting at enemy fast cavalry and flyers, as well as any other march blockers or artillery hunting units. They're there mainly to support my infantry as they advance.

My Wizard will mostly be taking the lore of Light because the opponents that I will be facing regularly with this army play Vampire Counts and Demons. Also if I get the healing spell (forgot what it's called) I will have 2 characters with the ability to heal other characters which, I have no doubt, will be usefull.

So, there we go...It's an army list and basic tactics.
    What do you think?

Last edited by Duncan; March 9th, 2009 at 20:37.

+ Reply to Thread