Empire 1k army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire 1k army list

Hey there everyone, i just started playing empire and i'd like to hear some 2nd opinions on this 1k army list:

Characters:

Captain (general with the knights) + lance + barded warhorse + full plate + shield 78pts
    level 2 battle wizard(with the 19 swordsmen) + van horstmann's speculum 120pts

Core:

19x swordsmen + F.C 158pts
    7x knights of the white wolf(inner circle) + standard + warbanner + 1st knight 253pts
    16x swordsmen + standard bearer 126pts

Detatchments:
    2x 5x handgunners 80pts
    2x 5x spearmen 60pts

Rare:

Hellblaster XXpts

Total 1000pts

each grp of swordsmen got 5x handgunners & spears each

so please let me know what you think of it, all advices would be lovely

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; March 22nd, 2009 at 09:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Uresii View Post
    Hey there everyone, i just started playing empire and i'd like to hear some 2nd opinions on this 1k army list:
    Welcome to LO! Hopefully you'll find this place to be helpful and friendly. If you need anything, send me a PM, or leave a comment on my profile, or whatever.

Captain (general with the knights) + lance + barded warhorse + full plate + shield 78pts
    Not bad. He's cheap and should work out efficiently. Something cheap like the Shield of teh Gorgon might work out.

level 2 battle wizard(with the 19 swordsmen) + van horstmann's speculum 120pts
    I'd work on improving his magical prowess, rather than preparing him for a challenge. Do you want him for offensive or defensive magic?

19x swordsmen + F.C 158pts
    Definitely up this to 20 if you have the points. State Troops win combats by CRes, and we need all of it we can get.

7x knights of the white wolf(inner circle) + standard + warbanner + 1st knight 253pts
    GWs aren't nearly as good as the lance + shield combo, since they cause you to strike last, only bring in +1 strength, and you get a 2+ save rather than a 1+. I'd consider saving points by making them normal knights, and dropping them to six, since the Captain will be joining them anyway.

16x swordsmen + standard bearer 126pts
    If you can get the points, make this 20 as well, and go for the FC, or just drop the banner. Presently, this unit seems to be easy points.

Detatchments:
    2x 5x handgunners 80pts
    2x 5x spearmen 60pts
    The Handgunner Detachments are good. If you want to change them, maybe mix up the ranged weaponry they have (say, make one Detachment Bowmen). The cc ones, I would really look at changing. Spearmen are defensive by nature, and really don't work well as Detachments. I'd suggest Halberdiers or Free Company. Another thing is to make them bigger. If the enemy kills one, they've lost a lot of their value.

Hellblaster XXpts
    I removed the points cost of the Helblaster as it's a specific stat, which can't be posted according to site rules. It's 15 points less than what you quoted anyway. Either way, though, keep it in your list, as it's a nasty machine.

On the whole, not a bad first list. On the whole, what I think you should focus on is making your infantry units bigger. Cutting back on your Knights unit should accomplish this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Welcome to LO! Hopefully you'll find this place to be helpful and friendly. If you need anything, send me a PM, or leave a comment on my profile, or whatever.

Not bad. He's cheap and should work out efficiently. Something cheap like the Shield of teh Gorgon might work out.

I'd work on improving his magical prowess, rather than preparing him for a challenge. Do you want him for offensive or defensive magic?

Definitely up this to 20 if you have the points. State Troops win combats by CRes, and we need all of it we can get.

GWs aren't nearly as good as the lance + shield combo, since they cause you to strike last, only bring in +1 strength, and you get a 2+ save rather than a 1+. I'd consider saving points by making them normal knights, and dropping them to six, since the Captain will be joining them anyway.

If you can get the points, make this 20 as well, and go for the FC, or just drop the banner. Presently, this unit seems to be easy points.

Detatchments:
    The Handgunner Detachments are good. If you want to change them, maybe mix up the ranged weaponry they have (say, make one Detachment Bowmen). The cc ones, I would really look at changing. Spearmen are defensive by nature, and really don't work well as Detachments. I'd suggest Halberdiers or Free Company. Another thing is to make them bigger. If the enemy kills one, they've lost a lot of their value.

I removed the points cost of the Helblaster as it's a specific stat, which can't be posted according to site rules. It's 15 points less than what you quoted anyway. Either way, though, keep it in your list, as it's a nasty machine.

On the whole, not a bad first list. On the whole, what I think you should focus on is making your infantry units bigger. Cutting back on your Knights unit should accomplish this.
    ___________________________________________________________________________ ____

Hey mate thanks for posting , got some real nice advice there ^^ however i think you've misunderstood the overall tactic a little bit;

the reason im making it 19 swords is because the wizards is with it that way it'l make a whole unit anyway 5X4

the reason im butting the wizard with the swordsmen is because 1: more LD ^^ and 2: hopefully the enemy player will think "is he stupid or something" and send his general towards the unit to toast me in a challeng; thats where the wizards magical item kicks in: he can use that to switch the stats of the enemy charecter thus making him dead meat for my wizard to slaughter ;)

i would consider making my 2nd swordies a 20 one i will try to reararange the list a little bit and see if there are points for it

i agree on the knights unit being a bit smaller, they are meant for flanking & got the general with them anyways, im sticking with IC and GW though str 5(6 on the charge) is some much needed power in this army

your detatchement advice: priceless ^^ might make it something like 8x free companists instead of the spears.

please give me some feedback on this one to if you dont mind :D

Uresii out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Uresii View Post
    Hey mate thanks for posting , got some real nice advice there ^^ however i think you've misunderstood the overall tactic a little bit;

the reason im making it 19 swords is because the wizards is with it that way it'l make a whole unit anyway 5X4
    Yeah, there is that, but if you decide to move him out of the unit or he gets killed, they're back down again. I, personally would go with the unit of 20, just to be on the safe side.

the reason im butting the wizard with the swordsmen is because 1: more LD ^^ and 2: hopefully the enemy player will think "is he stupid or something" and send his general towards the unit to toast me in a challeng; thats where the wizards magical item kicks in: he can use that to switch the stats of the enemy charecter thus making him dead meat for my wizard to slaughter
    This, I've found is one of those tricks that you can only use against the same opponent once. There is plenty he can do to stop it, like accepting the challenge with a unit champion if you issue, or just not issue one and then direct attacks on him with R&F troops.

If you want something horrible to use, one I'm a fan of is a WP with heavy armour, a GW, and the VHS. The stats are still rubbish, but he has Hatred, and a decent strength.

But your tactic is indeed a nasty one. I almost bagged Archaon with it once if not for a failed Fear test.

i would consider making my 2nd swordies a 20 one i will try to reararange the list a little bit and see if there are points for it
    Like I say, drop a Knight, and that should give enough points for it.

i agree on the knights unit being a bit smaller, they are meant for flanking & got the general with them anyways, im sticking with IC and GW though str 5(6 on the charge) is some much needed power in this army
    I suspect you're using the old book here. The old cavalry hammers had those rules, but in the latest incarnation, they just have generic GWs (IC knights count as Special instead of being 0-1, and the unit champion was called the First Knight- now called the Preceptor). You might want to check the things I just pointed out.
    your detatchement advice: priceless ^^ might make it something like 8x free companists instead of the spears.
    Nice to know I can help ^_^

please give me some feedback on this one to if you dont mind
    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread