Tournament 2000 points Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament 2000 points Empire

So for my Tale of two gamer website I finally came to the decision that I wanted to do an Empire army.

Here is the list I came up with

Balthasar Gelt

Lvl 2 wizard
    Crystal ball (reveal everything hidden in 24")
    Sigial of sigmar (magic res 1)

Lvl 2 wizard
    Staff of sorc (+1 dispel)

Engineer
    Doomfire ring
    Hochland long rifle

x20 swordsmen
    full command

x20 swordsmen
    full command

x10 hand gunners

x10 hand gunners

x20 great swords
    full command
    banner of arcane warding (magic res 2)

x2 great cannons

Helblaster

Helstrom rocket battery

x3 units of 9 halberdiers as detatchments.

Now I was torn between the engineer or a warrior priest for the following reasons.

Engineers: BS 4 Helblaster..... who wouldn't want one of them, and with a long rifle being able to pick enemy wizards/assassins out from units.

Warrior priest: Hatred on the great swords would be great, as well as hopefully being able to cast the re-roll wounds spell on Gelt for some real destructive magic phases.

I also thought of taking 2 helblasters instead of one, but i'd rather play a couple of games with them before I make that decision.

As for taking Gelt, I've never taken a lvl 4 as my general before and as metal magic is in my opinion the best magic deck he seemed the perfect choice. Him being on a pegasus is not my ideal choice as it means he can be picked out unless hidden, but with a 3+ward he should be ok most of the time.

With the 2 lvl 2's they are their to draw out dispel dice. One will be taking Heavens mainly for portent of far. The other will be taking life again mostly for mistress of the marsh and any other spell as it is my second favorite deck.

I'm don't rightly know which province I will be painting them at the moment, I quite like the thought of Yellow.

I'll hopefully get some pictures up soon.

Check out www.taleoftwogamers.com and twogamer radio on itunes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a pretty solid list, if you are using it in a general "take-on-all-comers" list, it seems solid enough. I take it without cavalry you are intending essentially a more defensive posture, so a lot of this is about deployment of stuff. I would argue against deploying your warmachines WITHOUT any real back up to keep infiltrators (gutter runners, DE scouts, etc) from getting to them easily.

My main worry for you would be going up against Wood Elfs or Dark Elves, both could do some real damage and I see definite weaknesses frmo these armies.

As far as Deployment, I would deploy in a "V" with the open area in between the two points of the V pointing at the enemy Int hat open area is where your war machines go, in order to make sure that there is no way they can be gotten to by infiltrators. From there, bring forward whatever is behind them to back stope them and I think you will be ok.
    Last edited by GMJoeSolarte; May 3rd, 2009 at 23:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I can't believe I missed that engineers can't have em..... so he's dropped from the army now. In place for a warrior priest possibly mounted with pistoliers/outriders.

Gelt was mainly taken for the +2 to cast metal and knowing all the spells, because your always going to miss that 1 spell that you wanted. But yeah your right dropping those points free me up to take some cav which I am lacking, possibly outriders/pistoliers but I can play about with those units.

I'll switch out the staff of sorcery for the rod of power, drop the magic res from my units and drop characters and go for more offensive items or more bound spells to pull out those dispel dice..... (i hate dispel scrolls)

Once I've played a few games i'll get a better feel of what's working and what needs changing.

I'm going to hold off on deciding on which province I do till I get to read the new empire background book... but as it stands Averland are the front runners.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, remember that pistolers are generally going to at least be a match for regular infantry troops, if your plan is to flank them. Otherwise, you are giong to be boing up agaisnt superior cavalry troops against them. An engineer or a unit champion with a repeater handgun if 7th ed still allows that might be better.

+ Reply to Thread