500 Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 Army list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Army list

Captain
    Full Plate
    Shield
    Swordsman unit (15)
    Full command
    with Halberdier Detachment
    Spearman Unit (15)
    with Shields
    Full command
    with Swordsman Detachment
    2 Handgunner Units (10 )

First Empire army list, might be a bit plain. Does it look viable, if not any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Avogadro View Post
    Captain
    Full Plate
    Shield
    Seems a little mundane. I'd say at least give him a magic weapon, the Sigil of Sigmar or something. That way he can contribute to a unit with more than just enhanced Leadership.

Swordsman unit (15)
    Full command
    with Halberdier Detachment
    To me, this is too small. I prefer to run my units at least 20 big, so I get full CRes to start with, which is how Empire win combats. How big are the Detachments?

Spearman Unit (15)
    with Shields
    Full command
    with Swordsman Detachment
    Same thing, really. Drop the shields if you need extra points.

2 Handgunner Units (10 )
    Not too sure how you'll be able to deploy these units to maximise shooting. I'd say drop a unit, so you can beef up your State Troops to 20, and give you 20 points to add to your Captain.

This list certainly does have potential. My priority would be to making sure the R&F don't get outflanked. If you want to pizazz your army a little, I'd suggest subbing out something to get a Special unit, maybe a unit of Handgunners for a Mortar, or whatever. But armies with nothing but Core units certainly can do very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice first of all. Well this is my revised Army list, I didn't put any Special units in but I did beef up the core units and give the captain the magic armour. I wasn't sure if I wanted my General in with the halberdiers or spearmen so the size is interchangeable until I buy them and I wasn't sure where to put the detachment wether it should add support to my General or help with the spears. any more comments would be greatly appreciated.

Captain of the Empire
    Great Weapon
    Armour of Meteoric Armour

Halberdier Unit (24)
    Shields
    Full Command
    With Swordsman Detachment (6)

Spearmen Unit (20 )
    Shields
    Full Command

Handgunner Unit (10 )
    Last edited by Avogadro; May 9th, 2009 at 21:24. Reason: Unwanted emoticons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

This list is an improvement. If you haven't bought anything yet, I would swap out those Halberdiers with shields for Swordsmen, as they can go toe-to-toe with almost anything.

I'd also drop it back to 20, allowing you to increase your Detachment, as I think that six is a bit small for one (if attacks are directed on them or they get shot at, it's very easy for them to lose effectiveness, see). I find nine or so to be the optimal size for cc Detachments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only a small thing, but if you put your handgunners as a detachment to the spearmen then they're not going to panic the parent unit, and they can stand and shoot if the spearmen get charged. Normally (he says on only his third post ) I might say something about it restricting your deployment options, but with an army of this size that probably won't be too much of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread