The Pirate Hunters of Marienburg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

The Pirate Hunters of Marienburg

Dispatched from the High Temple of Manann in the fair port city of Marienburg, the Pirate hunters ply their deadly trade to rid the Sea of Claws of this vile scum.

Characters
    General: Grand Admiral Rijkaard Van Der Kuypers, Grand Master of the Knights Mariner
    Lance & Shield, Laurels of Victory, Holy relic, leads Inner Cirlce Knights

Brother Mannfred, Priest of the Stormguard Order
    Armour of Meteroric Iron, Great Weapon, leads Greatswords

Lukas Van Essen, Battle Wizard
    Rod of Power, power stone

Klaas Winkler, Battle Wizard
    Dispel scroll

Core
    25 Swordsmen
    Full command
    Detachments:
    9 Free Company
    8 Crossbowmen
    5 Knights Mariner
    musician

10 Crossbowmen

Special
    9 Inner Circle Knights Mariner
    Full command

20 Greatswords
    Detachments:
    9 Free Company
    10 Archers
    Great Cannon
    Great Cannon

Army Total - 2000pts
    Model Count - 103
    Magic levels - 4

Last edited by Spiney Norman; June 23rd, 2009 at 17:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    Dispatched from the High Temple of Manann in the fair port city of Marienburg, the Pirate hunters ply their deadly trade to rid the Sea of Claws of this vile scum.

Characters
    General: Grand Admiral Rijkaard Van Der Kuypers, Grand Master of the Knights Mariner
    Lance & Shield, Laurels of Victory, Holy relic, leads Inner Cirlce Knights

Brother Mannfred, Priest of the Stormguard Order
    Armour of Meteroric Iron, Great Weapon, leads Greatswords

Lukas Van Essen, Battle Wizard
    Rod of Power, power stone

Klaas Winkler, Battle Wizard
    Dispel scroll

Core
    25 Swordsmen
    Full command
    Detachments:
    9 Free Company
    8 Crossbowmen
    5 Knights Mariner
    musician

10 Crossbowmen

Special
    9 Inner Circle Knights Mariner
    Full command

20 Greatswords
    Detachments:
    9 Free Company
    10 Archers
    Great Cannon
    Great Cannon

Army Total - 2000pts
    Model Count - 103
    Magic levels - 4
    Looks pretty solid! I always like more shooting, but there's more than enough support going on.

I'd just change the free company detachement to halberdiers, and the xbowmen detachement to handgunners. Stand and shoot works better with the rippy handguns. And Free companies are not really worth it with just 10 and ten halberdiers in a flank will always hurt.

As to the names, very good! The Dutch way of writing is "van", not with a capital V! Still, full marks on the effort!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I have 20 handgunners and I almost took them for theme reasons (marienburg is wealthy and would have the best tech), but they are thoroughly out-classed by crossbows on the field in every game I have played.

With a 30" range crossbows can normally hit opponents on T1 while still in their deployment zone (unless your opponent has deployed a full 6" back which is unlikely), handgunners are never going to hit anything on the first turn, and to be honest the extra 3" of short range is handy as well, I'd take it over armour piercing any day.

You might have a point about the halberdiers, but the additional attacks are tempting, I mainly took them as free company for themed reasons, representing hardened sea dogs pressed into service from the Marienburg taverns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I have 20 handgunners and I almost took them for theme reasons (marienburg is wealthy and would have the best tech), but they are thoroughly out-classed by crossbows on the field in every game I have played.
    To everyone his own! I much prefer my handgunners, but then, i play a lot against WoC

You might have a point about the halberdiers, but the additional attacks are tempting, I mainly took them as free company for themed reasons, representing hardened sea dogs pressed into service from the Marienburg taverns.
    Aha, very good, I removed knights from my list cause i didn't feel them en sync with my Modern Marienburgers, so i can really only respect this.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread