2000 Points, Burn the Witch! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

2000 Points, Burn the Witch!

So, inspired by my latest Mordheim band, I expanded into the realms of the Empire. And here's what I came back with:

Lord
    Arch Lector
    Sword of Sigismund
    Van Horstmanns Speculum
    Armour of Meteoric Iron
    War Altar

Heroes
    Warrior Priest
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Barded Warhorse
    Sword of Justice
    Doomfire Ring

Warrior Priest
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Barded Warhorse
    Ring of Volans
    Sword of Might

Captain
    Full Plate Armour
    Shield
    Warhorse
    Lance
    Pistol
    Aldred's Casket of Sorcery
    Sigil of Sigmar

Core:
    10 Crossbowmen

5 Empire Knights
    Musician

5 Empire Knights
    Musician

Special:
    5 Pistoliers
    Outrider
    Repeater Pistol
    Musician

5 Outriders
    Champion
    Hochland Long Rifle

5 Outriders
    Champion
    Hochland Long Rifle

Great Cannon

Rare
    Steam Tank

15 Flagellants

57 Bases

With 9 bound spells a turn, 6 DD, and some pretty brutal shooting, and combat, I think this army should do quite well for itself. Planning on using the brilliant fun combo of Hochland with a WP to reroll misses and such. Enemy wizard sniping, ho!

New to empire, but it's Witch Hunters themed, so no wizards at all. And I'm trying to keep heavy artillery to a minimum.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by Archnomad; July 22nd, 2009 at 13:51. Reason: Forgot Musicians!
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

My first thought: it's a very small army! I think having a unit of Swordsmen or Spearmen might work wonders. Even maybe a big Free Company (Witchhunters'll surely find a militia in an inn or tarvern).

I'd also be tempted to put a detachment of Halberdiers with your Crossbowmen.

The Flagellants are sound, put on each flank to secure your battle line.

I also worry about the Knights. The units are so small that protracted combat will be very bad for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

alvenom: I agree it is very small! But then again, I have 5 units of Cavalry, a War Altar and a Steam Tank! Those eat your points up very quickly. Because of this, I'm disinclined to put in infantry, because they wont keep up with the rest of my army. Flaggies are ok, as they can just sit on a flank, but the rest would get left behind. I don't really have much of a battle line, more a bunch of units moving about. It works for me. After Necrarchs I'm wanting to stay away from big infantry regiments.

Ok then, changing this up a bit. After a few games I discovered just how nasty Hammer of Sigmar+Hochland Long Rifles can be. So based on this, I added a second unit of Outriders, dropped my Inner Circle down to normal Knights (which do well enough for me, cause in units of 5 you can't go hunting for big things anyway), and dropped a core unit of Flagellants, using the spare points to up the rare unit of flagellants.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Archnomad; July 20th, 2009 at 23:01.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

The only thing I can suggest is a cannon or two, the rest is a pretty standard stank/waltar cheese formula. Cannons are great in any list. You're risking it slightly with no wizards, I guess 6DD and no scrolls is a passable magic defense, but I'd be reticent to ignore offensive magic altogether.

What exactly is the captain there to do, other than fill a hero slot? There are two reasons to field a captain in an Empire army, one is as a battle standard bearer, which you don't need because your combat units are almost all unbreakable, and the second is captasus, and he doesn't have a pegasus.

I would seriously consider getting yourself a lvl2 wizard with the rod of power instead of that cappa. It would actually make your opponent think about where to use his dispels rather than just rolling them to neutralise your prayers one at a time.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; July 22nd, 2009 at 13:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Witch Hunters? I said no wizards. At all. There's actually one burning on the crucifix on my war altar.

Captain is there cause he's my Witch Hunter. Fielding him on a pegasus however... It's an idea. Is he not a bit vulnerable though? I put him on a horse in a unit of pistoliers because it seemed safest. But I'll try the pegasus if I can get some more info on it.

Thanks!

P.S. There's a cannon in the list
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread