2250p regular any tips? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

2250p regular any tips?

One of my regular army list with need some improvement. So please give some tips

Lords 323p:
    Arch Lector on War Altar 323p
    Mace of Helstrum
    Dawn Armour

Heroes 440p:
    Captain on Pegasus 161p
    Pistol, Lance
    Armour of Meteotic Iron
    Dragon Bow

Battle Wizard in Knights IC 129p
    Warhorse w barding
    Lvl 1 Beast
    Van Horstmans Speculum
    Power Stone

Battle Wizard 150p
    Lvl 2 Fire
    2x Dispel Scroll

Core 515p:
    30 Swordsmen 205p
    Full Command
    15 Free Company
    15 Free Company

10 Handgunners

10 Handgunners

5 Huntsmen

Special 702p:
    10 Knights IC 330p
    Full Command
    Standard of Arcane Warding

10 Pistoliers 197p
    Outrider w Repeter Pistol

Great Cannon

Rare 225p:
    Hellstorm Rocket Battery

Hellblaster Volley Gun

5 Casting Pool
    6 Dispel + 2xDispel Scrolls

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; December 9th, 2009 at 00:25.

2. Remove Advertisements

Jafaland, New Zealand
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

First up, it's against the rules to post individual costs as part of GW's IP, so I request that you refrain from doing so in the future, particularly in a time where they're paying more attention to that kind of thing. That'd be appreciated.

Now, to your list, I think the main problem is units being too big. The swordsmen, by way of example, are almost big enough to form two decent-sized units. I'd consider splitting them into two units of 15, beefing each to 15. The detachments would also do well at nine each (in 3x3 formation) as it keeps them small and manoeuvrable, while meaning they can take a few wounds and still do their thing.

The pistoliers are the next unit I'd prune. Drop them to five- or six-strong would be my advice. A unit of 10, while lethal, is at the size that sees figures getting in each others' way and the unit getting hard to move around. As a rule of thumb, a unit of five or six with a musician is one of the best things you can do.

Personally, I'd recommend dropping the captain in favour of a mounted warrior priest (for the infantry or the IC knights). Characters, in my opinion, really aren't that great unless they're enhancing a unit, with a few exceptions - Ogre Kingdoms tyrant, WoC lord of chaos, WE Alter characters etc. The WP's hatred tends to work out alright with knights plus he can take an item or two that makes life easier for you/harder for your opponent (maybe even the Speculum that the wizard's carrying).

I think that's about it. Hope this helps .

Newcastle, UK
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

45 (x1)

I'd certainly replace the Pegasus Captain with a Battle Standard Bearer wearing Armour Of Meteoric Iron.

ArchonFarseerGuy's advice about the units of Pistoliers and Swordsmen being too big is completely correct. I also find that Halberdiers make good detachments for Swordsmen.

+ Reply to Thread