2250 Balanced and Competative ...bring it on??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

2250 Balanced and Competative ...bring it on???

Hey everyone. I recently sold my Bretonnians on ebay and got an Empire army as a replacement - I guess got bored of the point and charge routine...

Anyway this is a rought draft for a 225o point all comers list that i put together based on the things that I currently have available to me, and I want to get some criticism before I put it to the test. So far I realize that:
    1. magic may be a problem due to only 1 wizzard
    2. some may ask about engineer, he is with pistoliers running around and harassing.
    3. lord is single, captain is with greatswords.

Important point costs are posted, obvious ones are not. I know this is quite an army to start off on my first day with the empire, but I have the models so might as well put them to use...

HQ
    *Templar Grand Master (245) – Sword of Power, Holy Relic, Shield, Full Plate, Barded Warhorse

*Captain (84) – Two-handed Sword, Armor of Meteoric Iron

*Engineer (81)– Repeater Pistol, Light Armor, Sword, Barded Warhorse

*Wizard (110 )– 2 Dispell Scrolls

CORE UNITS
    *30 Spearmen (195 ) – Standard Bearer, Musician, Spears, Light Armor
    Detachment: 10 Swordsmen – Sword, Shield, Light Armor
    Detachment: 10 Handgunners – Hanguns, Swords

*6 Knights (178 ) – Fist Knight, Standard Bearer, Musician, Lance, Shield, Full Plate, Sword, Barded Warhorse

*6 Knights (178 ) – Fist Knight, Standard Bearer, Musician, Lance, Shield, Full Plate, Sword, Barded Warhorse

*5 Pistoliers (95 ) – 2 Pistols, Swords, Light Armor, Warhorse
    [/LEFT]
    SPECIAL UNITS

*20 Greatswords (270 ) – Count’s Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician, Swords, Two-handed Swords, Full Plate

*Cannon – 3 Crewmen, Swords

RARE UNITS
    *Hellblaster Volley Gun – 3 Crewmen, Swords

Total: 2226 ... gota find room for another 24 points....

P.S Yea I know, I am crazy when it comes to writting out the details....

Last edited by WraithGuardian; December 9th, 2009 at 05:56.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Hi, and welcome to LO. Being a pretty new member myself (and a empire-newbie) i'd still like to give your list some constructive feedback. Just take my advices with some level of selfreflection. What im telling you might be wrong in so many ways

Any idea what you're gonna fight?

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    HQ
    *Templar Grand Master (245) – Sword of Power, Holy Relic, Shield, Full Plate, Barded Warhorse
    You might wanna put your lord in a group. I know Templars are some of the toughest guys the empire has, but compared to other races they're nothing! Place him with some knights, to get him in safety from arrow-, magic- and cannonfire.

*Captain (84) – Two-handed Sword, Armor of Meteoric Iron
    Captains are generally looked upon as weak. Any chances you might have a Warrior Priest lying around? If so, take the WP instead.

*Engineer (81)– Repeater Pistol, Light Armor, Sword, Barded Warhorse
    Engineers are generally looked upon as weak. Any chances you might have a Warrior Priest or another Wizard lying around? If so, take one of those instead.

*Wizard (110 )– 2 Dispell Scrolls
    Which lore are you gonna use?

CORE UNITS
    Im not the big fan of spearmen tbh. Why not use your 20x swordsmen and make a unit of those (since they'll have better saves) - and use the spearmen as detachment instead (perhaps pursway your opponent that the spearmen is actually halberdies?)

This is a personal choice, but i'd rather have the Handgunners as a seperate unit, creating that gunline thats so powerful. As a detachment they'll never get to fire (move-or-fire weapons) unless they get charged - and thats not worth 160points. Take all your handgunners out of those regiments and perhaps make a 2x10Handgunners gunline to backup your artillery

No need to give your knights a standard. When they're charging they better make the enemy run like hell, thats the idea atleast. A banner wont make a difference. - besides you'll often find yourself charging a flank with a spearreginemt attached to the enemys front, and since the spearmen already have a standard, your knights' banner will be useless. On top of that, should anyone succeed in killing your knights, thats just 100 free VP right there, from the standard alone.

Same as above.

*5 Pistoliers (95 ) – 2 Pistols, Swords, Light Armor, Warhorse

SPECIAL UNITS

*20 Greatswords (270 ) – Count’s Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician, Swords, Two-handed Swords, Full Plate
    Also, you need some detachments for your Greatswords. Those guys are the best unit on foot you have. They'll still need backup though.

RARE UNITS
    *Hellblaster Volley Gun – 3 Crewmen, Swords

Total: 2226 ... gota find room for another 24 points....

P.S Yea I know, I am crazy when it comes to writting out the details....[/LEFT]
    Hope it helped

- Tash
    Last edited by Tashin; December 9th, 2009 at 11:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army looks good and I think Tashin mentioned most of the possible improvements. There are a few minor things I would like to add to his comments.

* The Master Engineer, even when riding with the pistoliers, is really not worth his points. Compare him to an outrider (champion of the pistoliers) with repeater pistol. 55 points cheaper and better on all fronts expect wounds. I would probably trade him for a second wizard with a Rod of Power to help you magic defenses.
    * The captain I would indeed which to a warrior priest (AoMI, Icon of Magnus, Greathammer) and have him join the already stubborn greatsword. If you want to keep the captain I would prefer a BSB upgrade.
    * Spearmen are as good as Swordsmen for parent unit in my opinion. You will be receiving and countercharging most of the time anyway allowing you to use you additional rank.

+ Reply to Thread