3000 point Empire versus Dark Elf list (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 point Empire versus Dark Elf list (friendly)

Lords

(334 Arch Lector - Hvy Armor, Sheild, Alter, VHS, Sword of Sigismund, Doomfire Ring
    (326 Wizard Lord - Lvl 4, Barded Warhorse, Armor of Tarnus, Orb of Thunder, Rod of Power

Heroes

(157 Captain BSB - Full Plate, Barded Warhorse, Banner of Sigismund
    (158 Warrior Priest - Great Weapon, Barded Warhorse, Dawn Armor, Sigil of Sigmar
    (144 Warrior Priest - Extra Warhammer, AoMI, Icon of Magnus
    (115 Battle Wizard - Lvl 1, Dispell Scroll x 2

Core Troops

(250 Flagellants x 24 - Champion
    (164 Spearmen x 24 - Full Command
    (48 Archers x 6 - Detachment
    (45 Free Company x 9 - Detachment
    (146 Knightly Orders x 6 - Musician
    (123 Knightly Orders x 5 - Musician
    (80 Handgunners x 10
    (80 Handgunners x 10

Special Troops

(115 Pistoliers x 6 - Musician
    (115 Pistoliers x 6 - Musician
    (100 Great Cannon
    (100 Great Cannon
    (100 Great Cannon

Rare Troops

(300 Steam Tank

Total: 3000

I'm going to be facing Dark Elves in a friendly match, having said that he'll be very "tech'd" out I'm sure. I'm not sure if I have sufficent infantry or if I can utilize pistoliers to their uptmost extent. I don't have enough Great Swords for a full unit and have good success with Handgunners versus Dark Elves. I'll take Light Magic with both my Wizards, the level one fire spell is good and the rest have amazing utility. I'm unsure of my character configurations, not much of a fan of the Gorgon sheild. The last two games my Arch Lector fought a Cold one Chariot all game. I like the Orb of Thunder for potentially stalling Dragons, Harpies, and Dark Pegasii. The Steam Tank was my MVP last match before falling to Lore of Metal magic, I figure he'll be gunning for it this time. Usually have one Mortor, but failed to kill either the dragon or the hydra last time so took a third cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I think you've got too many points tied up in your Characters. By my reckoning your Arch Lector is 5pts over his total allowance, I'd lose the Doomfire Ring. I'd say the non-mounted Warrior Priest could go too: you'd have enough points left then for a unit of Swordsmen with a detachment of Halberdiers.

The mounted Warrior Priest should have the Icon Of Magnus, I'd say.

I usually put my BSB with my infantry but that's just personal taste. I would recommend him having Armour Of Meteoric Iron if he's going to be in the thick of combat, though.

Other than that, looks good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Arch Lector is dead on his allotment, the Doomfire ring has been an awesome compliment to my magic output. With the big base of the Alter the bane head spell is very versitile. I've been wondering if it triggers Magic Resistance as it's technically not a targeted spell. I'm pretty sure a BSB can't have further magic items if he's carrying a Magic Banner. He will take the Banner of Sigismund into the Spearmen with the new mounted characters hang out in infantry rules and all. My other non-mounted warrior preist would be mounted too, I just like the two Warhammer Model on foot so much. Do you think it matters that I'm certain my opponent will also take the full compliment of characters? I'm curious why you think the Icon of Magnus should be on the mounted guy. This would preclude me being able to take the Dawn Armor, rerollable saves have been very good for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

His Magic Items come to 105pts. In a friendly game I wouldn't argue about that, but some people would. Hell, I'd let it go in a tournament but that'd just me.

The thinking for the Icon Of Magnus is just how many Fear-causing units Dark Elves can take. Dawn Armour is good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has 25, 45, and 30 point items. This adds up to 100.

The Icon of magnus is very good and combines nicely with the AoMI.

I needed the Dawn Armor on the Arch Lector, VHS doesn't protect you versus Hydras. Steam Tank was MVP again. Cannons didn't get the Hydra till after he was able to kill the Arch Lector, and a unit of vanilla Knights. I feel that the pistoliers were under utilized, much practice still needed. Hangunners seem to be good at killing Dark Riders, but accomplish little else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I've looked in the army book and double-checked in Army Builder and I still contend that they're 30, 30 and 45. 105.

Anyway, good luck with your army. It's a solid list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sincere apologies are in order, I believe I have played the VHS at the wrong cost the entire edition. I'm curious if I'm remembered a throw back. Some revsions are definitely in order. I wasn't that sold on the Sword of Sigismund after my Arch Lector got eaten by a Hydra. I think I'll move the Dawn Armor back to him. I'm considering a try with Alfred's casket, does would it still be good on a horse mounted guy as compared to a pegasus rider?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Hey, it's okay. One of the useful things about forums like this: little things like that can be noticed.

Aldred's Casket can really be a headache for magic-heavy armies. If it's on a Pegasus Captain he can double as a war machine hunter. If it's on a horse-mounted Captain you might get stuck in combat and be unable to get near his Sorcerers.

+ Reply to Thread