First Time Empire player looking for advice on 1500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Empire player looking for advice on 1500pt list

Empire Army List – 1500pts
    Heroes:
    Captain of the Empire Pegasus, Halberd, Additional Hand Weapon, Handgun, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Ring of Volans

Warrior Priest Two Handed Hammer, Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armour, Shield, Aldred’s Casket of Sorcery, Sigil of Sigmar

Battle Wizard 2 Dispel Scrolls

Core:
    5 Knights w. Great Weapons Command
    10 Handgunners Marksman w. Hochland Long Rifle
    10 Handgunners
    10 Crossbowmen

Special:
    20 Greatswords Command,
    Detatchment of 10 Free Company

6 Outriders Champion w. Hochland Long Rifle

Great Cannon

Rare:
    Hellblaster Volley gun
    Total= 1499 pts

Hey, thanks in advance for any comments. The main aim of this list was an attempt to create a gunline army without stunting the rest of the army's uses as can sometimes happen. The Captain is meant to be an inexpensive annoyance character, possibly used to take out small units, characters or warmachines. The Greatswords with Free Company detatchment will form a protective barrier in front of the gunline. I also wanted to confirm, although it is a little nooby to ask, can the outriders move and fire their Handguns? I had assumed the move or fire rule didn't apply whilst mounted but if someone could confirm for me I would appreciate it. All advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I play High Elves, Tomb Kings and Ogres in fantasy and Marines, Eldar, Tau and Nids 40k. Also have a good knowledge of other armies in both games and always willing to help so if anyone needs help with them just message me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I don't think that the captain can have a halberd and an additional hand weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can have both weapons, he just can't use more than one in the same combat, just gives him a bit of variety depending on what kind of unit he's fighting.Thank you though. Any other ideas about changes?
    I play High Elves, Tomb Kings and Ogres in fantasy and Marines, Eldar, Tau and Nids 40k. Also have a good knowledge of other armies in both games and always willing to help so if anyone needs help with them just message me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

The Handgun counts as an additional hand weapon anyway (according to the Empire FAQ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh ok thanks. May use the longbow instead though as I have heard the move or fire rule does apply even when mounted. Can anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggles View Post
    Ahh ok thanks. May use the longbow instead though as I have heard the move or fire rule does apply even when mounted. Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, the rule does apply even if mounted - unfortunatly.
    Last edited by Tashin; February 9th, 2010 at 08:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tashin View Post
    Yes, the rule does apply even if mounted - unfortunatly.

Ahh ok. Thanks a lot for confirming. Sat down with one of my mates and made a very different list to this however both are still in consideration so comments on this are most welcome, however I will also be posting the other list on a new thread which I will link here. Thanks in advance for any comments on either of my lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire Army List – 1500pts
    Heroes:
    Captain of the Empire Pegasus, Halberd, Additional Hand Weapon, Handgun, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Ring of Volans
    I would give him a pistol insted of a handgun(that gives him +1A i Close Combat and no move penelty)

Warrior Priest Two Handed Hammer, Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armour, Shield, Aldred’s Casket of Sorcery, Sigil of Sigmar
    I would remove the casket, it's a nice item on page but rarely comes to good use. And if you insist on trying it give it to your captain, as he has a bigger chance of being within 12" of enemy spellcasters(with pegasus)

Battle Wizard 2 Dispel Scrolls

Core:
    5 Knights w. Great Weapons Command
    I have never used knights with GW becuse I thnik knights strength is in the first turn of CC (and a lance gives +2 str on charge), and also I would remove the banner and Perceptor becuse perceptor cost alot in small size games and only give one more attack, and the banner is a 100 point if you get overruned and that almost what the unit cost so your giving the enemy two dead knight units for the price of one
    10 Handgunners Marksman w. Hochland Long Rifle
    10 Handgunners
    10 Crossbowmen

Special:
    20 Greatswords Command,
    Detatchment of 10 Free Company

6 Outriders Champion w. Hochland Long Rifle

Great Cannon

Rare:
    Hellblaster Volley gun
    All above are good, I recomand you to try a rocket battery in another list it has a beutifull killing power
    Total= 1499 pts
    Last edited by Grandfather Nurgle; March 8th, 2010 at 19:26.

+ Reply to Thread