<1000 500 Point Friendly List!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Point Friendly List!!

Hey all, this is my first list for Empire. My friends and I are coming back to warhammer after a few years off, so we're all a bit rusty and all of us have chosen new armies to play, so it will be a even playing field. My first match against one of these friends. Their armies are Vampire Counts, Skaven, and Wood Elves (and maybe somebody playing lizardmen), so I tried to create a balanced list.

To the point, here it goes!

Last edited by TheStroudster; March 25th, 2010 at 04:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys strike that last post. The list is different than I anticipated.

Heroes:

Captain, great weapon, Armor of Meteoric Iron, 79 pts.

Core:

19 Swordsmen (Capt goes here) 114
    10 Handgunners, Marksman, Repeater Handgun, 100

Special:

5 Pisoliers, outrider, repeater pistol, 107
    1 Great Cannon 100

500 pts on the nose.

Strategy is basic, march with swordsmen/captain, pew pew a little bit with the cannon and handgunners, use pistoliers for shooting and flank coverage/assist swordsmen.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Hi Stroudster

That list looks pretty standard in my oppinion. If I were you i'd make a few changes though.
    First of all. Take a unit of Crossbowmen instead of those Marksmen. The two unittypes are generally equally good, but since you'll be facing alot of armorless (ratmen, elves and undead) opponent, there is no reason to go for armour piercing shots. The crossbowmen also has the same range as wood elf archers, so if you're deploying a cannon and some crossbowmen you can be sure, that the woodelves will have to come to you - which is a major tactical aspect.

Secondly. Pistoliers are great. I personally love them. But think about it. They're useless against skirmishers (because they need to come within 8" of skirmishers, who can charge in any direction due to their 360degrees line of sight. Not good), which you are bound to be facing in the woodelf army, but probably also in the skaven army.
    I think you should use your points at something else. Having spared a few points from converting that handgunner army (and not taking a champion), you've enough points to buy yourself a unit of knights instead of those pistoliers. All the armies facing you are low strenght. Undead, Rats and Woodelf arrows are all at S3, giving your knights a very high chance of survival with a +1 save. Besides, charging with a unit of knights should kill anything big than anyone would bring to a 500points game.

- Tash

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Personally, I'd edit your list to be:

Warrior Priest, Heavy Armour
    Swordsmen (x19) Musician
    Crossbowmen (x10)
    Outriders (x5)
    Great Cannon

That's a lot of firepower in a relatively small army, a little bit magic/magic defense, the WP buffs the Swordsmen to be quite fearsome and if needed the Outriders can be maneuverable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for replies thus far! my only concern on using a WP instead of a captain, is that on a WP i probably wont get any spells off, as a basic army has 2 dispel dice, power level 4 spells won't get through, and i doubt my opponents will have casters either (other than VC obviously)

+ Reply to Thread