<1000 1000pt Gunline-ish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Gunline-ish

After a a new battle I did I found possibly my new favorite unit, Outriders. And as my group is doing a Empires campaign, and our battles our 1000pt battles so I just kinda made up this army.

Battle Wizard
    Rod of Power

Captain BSB
    Full Plate, Griffin Banner

29 Swordsmen
    Full Com
    2x8 Halberds or Free Company (depending on the opponent)

2x10 handgunners

2x5 Outriders
    Musician

Great Cannon

Criticism is always appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Not bad. I'd be very careful about those Outriders tho. They sure can shoot alot, but they are very vulnerable to shooting/magic themselves. Also i think that the Griffon Standard is pretty cool
    Oh . Also consider changing the 2x10 handgunners into 10x hangunners with 2x5 detachment of handgunners. That way your gunline will be abit stronger, atleast imo.
    Rod of Power isnt a bad choice, but consider taking a dispel scroll and Rong of Volans to gain some momentum magicwise OR Icon of Magus to protect that big block of swordsmen from Fear/Terror. Another choice is taking Sigil of Sigmar, giving a designated unit magic resistance and the casket/Doomfire Ring for some offensive magical stuff.. So many choices

- Tash
    Last edited by Tashin; April 16th, 2010 at 09:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never thought about the detachments of handgunners that would work out wonderfully, I really do love that unit of swordsmen though assuming that they outnumber their opponent they have a static combat res of 9. Thinking on it now though making them immune to fear would be immensely useful though, Run that with a dispel scroll and put him in the swordsmen, I just have to find some points to drop off

+ Reply to Thread