<2000 2500 pts: Lead and thunder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

2500 pts: Lead and thunder

wizard lord
    Pegasus, sword of fate, shield of gorgon, van horstmann's speculum lore of heavens

Wizard lord
    lore of heavens

Captain
    lance, barding, warhorse, full plate, shield, pistol
    Captain
    Captain
    Captain
    Captain
    lance, barding, warhorse, full plate, shield, pistol, crown of command, iron curse icon

Core
    10 hand gunners
    10 hand gunners
    10 crossbowmen
    10 crossbowmen
    10 crossbowmen
    25 halberds
    full command
    25 halberds
    full command

special
    great cannon
    great cannon

6 outriders
    musician, outrider champion, long rifle

6 outriders
    musician, outrider champion, long rifle

5 pistoliers
    musician, outrider repeater pistol

5 pistoliers
    musician, outrider, repeater pistol

Rare
    hellstorm rocket battery

so while everyone is trying out there big units of death i think I'm going to try something like this. with all the small units running around the table it should be hard for my enemy to divide there resources to capture and run down everything. almost all my troops have some kind missile weapon and a few good clean up units. the 5 captains will make an unit on its own, it should be able to dish out damage when i need it to and split up to offer even more targets if there are not needed.

no bsb in this list because i will be to spread out to take advantage of one. and i'm not sure if i need 2 cannons or 1 cannon and 2 mortars

Thoughts?

5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

My only suggestion would be dropping all the combaty gear on the wizard lords and replacing them with arcane/enchanted items. Remember that a wizard in combat isn't casting spells, and I know what I'd rather have my wizards doing. Also, consider taking different lores with your wizards. A level 4 wizard will cover enough of their lore that you've got a good chance of generating the spells you want. I can only assume you're taking 3 spells + signature spell on each wizard in order to cover the whole lore? Seems like overkill to me.
    "I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

the combat lord is my ace in the hole when it comes to fighting scary lords and there mounts. my plan would be to swap the characteristics and then kill the mount first, hopefully i don't die.

that's why I'm not sure about the cannons, their job is chariots and other war machines and i don't know how many i will see on the table

oh and the wizard lords are only lv3 casters not 4. the both have the lore of heavens to fit the thunder part of my "lead and thunder" list, also some of the spells really complement my list.
    5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

+ Reply to Thread