<3000 2500 points Balanced Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 points Balanced Army

Wrote this army as more of a challenge than War Alter/Lv4 Life Wizard/Steam Tank builds. The Arch Lector General goes with the Halberdiers, the BSB goes with the Swordsmen. The two units support each other in terms of Leadership and re-rolls. Two units of Calvary form the flanks. The Crossbowmen support the Knights while people tend to try and avoid the Outriders as they act like a faster 10 wound HBV. I'm playing the local store owner's Dwarves at Grand Adventures tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.....

Lords

231 Arch Lector- Great Weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Holy Relic, Speculum
    285 Lv4 Metal Wizard- Rod of Power, Talisman of Preservation

Heros

133 Captain- BSB, Shrieking Blade, Full Plate Armour, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone
    143 Warrior Priest- Great Weapon, Dawn Armour, Barded Warhorse
    65 Engineer

Core

241 36 Swordsmen- Full Command
    212 40 Halberdiers- Musician, Standard Bearer
    101 12 Crossbowmen- Marksman
    276 9 Knights- Lance & Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Razor Standard

Detachments

75 15 Halberdiers- Swordsmen's Detachment
    90 15 Swordsmen- Halberdier's Detachment

Special

218 10 Outriders- Musician
    200 2 Great Cannons

Rare

230 2 Rocket Batteries

So what do you think? As a balanced/all-comer's type army for a newer player looking for a tatical challenge, do you think it measures up or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Version 2

So I played this list against a Dwarven gunline & lost by 103 points!
    I'm trying out a slightly altered list next time with a Heavens Wizard. Feel pretty lame being the only one responding to my own notes ha.....
    Pretty much I just downgraded the Rockets and added a Pegasus Captain. I'm not sure what army I'm facing next, but I think it would do pretty good against armies that are predominately T3, or if they are lightly armoured. I might drop the Engineer to bulk out my units though....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I think it should do good, the only thing i don't like about it are the arch lector and warrior priest. i think having both is a bit redundant, personally i would only use one rather than both but that's just personal preference.

how have the knights been working for you? i cant decide if i want to go with lances or great weapon's
    5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I have the same feeling.... I usually put the Arch Lector with the Halberdiers and the WP with the Knights, really I just do it for the Hatred. Having +3 dispel dice is good too, if anything I just throw them in the RoP. Do you think it would be worth it to drop the Arch Lector for a Grand Master? Or just for another unit of infantry? I am a little nervous to have my army led by a Wizard, because of miscasting and because of their Leadership. If I do use a Wizard for my General, how do you recommend I keep him safe (and out of combat)?
    I like using the Knights. I can see why people wouldn't want to use them, but I think having two units of calvary gives my army a lot of speed and manouverability. I was using the Great Weapons but sometimes they would die before getting to strike! Having a 1+ armour save is very useful. They win a lot of combats but they won't break units on the charge anymore, thats why I gave them the AP banner to help them when they're S3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

ya the wp in the knights is great if your using lances, it really increases the effectiveness of the unit, that's why i like the thought of great weapons they don't need to charge to be effective. i think if you use great weapons swap the arch lector for a grand master, and give him that stubborn item, then the unit should not go anywhere and still dish out a load of damage
    5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

+ Reply to Thread