<2000 2000 points all corners army that is fun but hopefuly a bit competative. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points all corners army that is fun but hopefuly a bit competative.

Hey there, just wanted to see if this list is going to fare ok against a variety of opponents. I'm new to empire and not too sure really. I think it could be quite good although I could probably do with more war machines. Criticisms very welcome. I would rather not comprimise the more fun units if atall possible.

Lords:
    Level 4 wizard. - Rod of power
    Lore undecided, life, heavens or shadows are current favourite for myself.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heroes:
    Captain. - BSB, Enchanted Shield, full plate armour, sigal of sigmar (magic res 1)

Warrior priest. - 2 handed hammer, armour of meteoric iron.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core:
    28 swordsmen with command. (7 wide, BSB in this unit).
    14 Halberdier detatchment. For dealing with toughness 4 opponents mainly.

12 Handgunners with marksman and musician. Self explanatory really.

7 Knights with no command. To tie up things with their 2+ save mostly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special:
    24 Greatswords with full command. (6 or 7 wide, holds the centre, warrior priest goes here for hatred re-rolls)
    12 Swordsmen detatchment. For stripping ranks hopefuly.

Cannon. For dealing with enemy monsters etc.

7 Pistoliers with musician and champ including repeater pistol. These are to harass the enemy and support my knights or tank as necessary.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rare:
    Steam tank. Couldn't resist taking this, I love it and I'm definately not removing it from my army list, just try and take it!

Hellstorm Rocket Battery. This is for blowing chunks in the enemy infantry.

1999 points.

Advice much appreciated, lex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not an expert, but my advice would be:
    For your Wizard, take life. The ability to heal the Steam Tank will be invaluable if it takes a couple wounds! Also invest in some sort of save. For 20pts you can get a 6++ and auto-pass all characteristic tests (crimson amulet).
    Sigil of Sigmar probably won't be of much use. Id switch it out for the Dawnstone.
    I'd drop the unit of knights. Or take only 5, maybe with a musician.
    Same thing with the Pistoliers.
    With the points left over, take 1-6 more swordsmen, and 3 more Greatswords. Make your close combat detachments at least 15 strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astorre View Post
    Im not an expert, but my advice would be:
    For your Wizard, take life. The ability to heal the Steam Tank will be invaluable if it takes a couple wounds! Also invest in some sort of save. For 20pts you can get a 6++ and auto-pass all characteristic tests (crimson amulet).
    Sigil of Sigmar probably won't be of much use. Id switch it out for the Dawnstone.
    I'd drop the unit of knights. Or take only 5, maybe with a musician.
    Same thing with the Pistoliers.
    With the points left over, take 1-6 more swordsmen, and 3 more Greatswords. Make your close combat detachments at least 15 strong.
    Yeah life seems handy if not a little overused. Shadows seemed good too though so I'm kinda torn. Will try both and see how it goes.

Took your advice and dropped the sigil and 2 knights and 2 pistoliers. Bought 6 more Greatswords and took the detatchments up to 15 each.

I wanted to take a ward save for sure, but I just could not find the points anywhere. I'm on 2003 as it is (my regular opponent isn't going to fret about 3 points, but i would just drop a detatchment to 14 if someone did mind).

+ Reply to Thread