<3000 New Empire - 2500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

New Empire - 2500

Hey Empire folk, this is a list that my little bro came up with for his new Empire army, what do you think?

Lords:
    Wizard Lord - 220
    lvl 4, Wizard's Staff, Lore of Life

Heroes:
    Luthor Huss - xxx
    Captain of the Empire - 134
    full plate armour, shield, BSB, Razor Standard, great weapon

Core:
    Spearmen - 200
    30 men, full command
    Detachment:
    Handgunners - 140
    15 men, full command
    Spearmen - 200
    30 men, full command
    Detachment:
    Handgunners - 140
    15 men, full command
    Knightly Orders - 369
    15 Knights, musician, SB

Special:
    Pistoliers - 277
    15 men, musician
    Greatswords - 248
    22 men, musician, champion
    Detachment:
    Handgunners - 100
    10 men, full command

Mortar - xx
    Mortar - xx
    Cannon - xxx

Total - 2458

So, what do you think? He has 42 points left over, so plenty of room for error. Also, my brother doesn't like the way the Steam Tank plays, so no steam tanks please. All comments are welcome.

Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd like to see a General sneak into the Lord choices, Empire aren't brave. Wizard is good, you can afford both. Just put some nice survival items on him, maybe a weapon but certainly a Ward Save. Wizards Staff is a crappy item, get a Scroll or Rod of Power.

Captain can't have a Shield or GW if he is the BSB, try to keep him away from fights. Where does he go? I prefer a non-magical BSB in Empire so he can have better armor, very important model to the army.

Detachments are awful. They bring so many weaknesses to an army, especially if they get charged. Your opponent runs right through and the parent unit is now in a horrible position or you have a unit in your backfield. Never run Detachments, just take straight up units of what you want. Swordsmen outperform Spearmen generally, staying power and stats over attacks. Hand Gunners are good in a 10 man block, gives a nice hideout for your characters. Knights are better in 10 as well, don't waste attacks.

I'd buff up the Greatswords a bit, they usually get a lot of attention and are your primary counter attack unit. The MR2 and Flaming Attack Banners are great on them as well.

Try to get at least one more Cannon, Monsters wreck Empire if they get stuck in. Should have a ton of points if you drop those Detachments, even if you get a few more blocks (and you probably should.)

Steam Tanks are horrible, your brothers judgement is sound.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread