<3000 2500pt. Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt. Competitive List

Having a game with my brother here in a day or two. He plays O&G. Keep in mind this list wasn't made for specifically facing O&G opponents. I think I will run this as a tourney list.

Lord: 325pts
    Arch Lector, War Altar, Mace of Helsturm, Meteoric Iron, Other Trickster's Shard

Hero: 338pts
    Captain, Pagasus, Full plate w/ shield, Lance, Casket of Sorcery, Iron Curse
    Master Engineer, Mech Steed, Light Armour
    Master Engineer, Mech Steed, Light Armour

Core: 630pts
    20 Handgunners
    20 Handgunners
    30 Flagellants, Prophet

Special: 577pts
    3 Mortars
    1 Cannon
    6 Outriders
    6 Outriders

Rare: 520pts
    2 Helblasters
    30 Flagellants

Total: 2390

Should I add another cannon? Or a unit of 5 outriders? What would you suggest I do with my remaining points?

The army is simple for the fact that all I do is sit back and watch my enemy get lit up. I horde both units of handgunners and flagellants. Each handgunner unit will be in front of the flagellants and between these two groups I shall place the Altar.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions are highly welcomed.

Thank you,
    Triggernometry

Last edited by Triggernometry; April 19th, 2011 at 14:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ran in to a few errors while playing a game, not against O&G. Trying to work out the kinks and get use to the 8th edition rules.
    I made a change to the list and will run it today either against O&G or Dwarves.

Lord: 620pts
    Arch Lector, War Altar, Mace of Helsturm, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Other Trickster's Shard
    Lvl 4 Wizard, Pegasus, Rod of Power, Iron Curse Icon
    Lore of: Fire?

Hero: 195pts
    Master Engineer,
    Master Engineer,
    Master Engineer,

Core: 635pts
    20 Handgunners
    25 Flagellants
    11 Huntsmen
    5 White Wolves (No upgrades)

Special: 576pts
    2 Mortars
    3 Cannon
    6 Outriders

Rare: 470pts
    2 Helblasters
    25 Flagellants

Total: 2496

Hording flagellants, imo, is wasting their potential. 1) They die way too easily, so you lose attacks immediately. 2) If they're horded, the point value is at its max (if not there isn't a point in hording them then), making your opponent leaning towards the decision of trying to wipe them out early. Move them next on his to-kill list. So I will not horde them. They're job is to be reliable. My support's job (i.e. shooting and magic) should be overwhelmingly devestating enough to widdle down any and all units to get near them flagellants, enough for them to be even going in to HtH, CR wise, allowing me to sacrifice for their bonuses?

I don't have much magic usage experience with 8th edition, except for a terrible loss playing as tzeentch daemons(NERFED!). Other than that, not much magic involving 1 of the 8 lores.

I'll give the huntsmen a try. I figure I could use some scouts, considering I only have 1 flyer and 1 fast cav unit. Could use more agility that is actually core choice.
    Last edited by Triggernometry; April 19th, 2011 at 14:49.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Do you have any spearmen? I would take a unit of 40 spearmen instead of the rare flagellants. 10 models wide means that they can attack in 4 ranks, so depending on how wide the enemy unit is all of the spearmen might be able to attack. Take the 20 handgunners as a detachment for the spearmen and they can stand and shoot if the spearmen are charged.

For magic i like the lores of life, metal and death. Life makes your units stronger and heals models, death targets single enemy models(like characters in a unit) and metal is a good damaging lore that can also make your units shoot better. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Do you have any spear men? I would take a unit of 40 spear men instead of the rare flagellants. 10 models wide means that they can attack in 4 ranks, so depending on how wide the enemy unit is all of the spear men might be able to attack. Take the 20 hand gunners as a detachment for the spear men and they can stand and shoot if the spear men are charged.

For magic i like the lores of life, metal and death. Life makes your units stronger and heals models, death targets single enemy models(like characters in a unit) and metal is a good damaging lore that can also make your units shoot better. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommended taking the lore of life dwellers below is an amazing spell and is quite useful for getting rid of that 80 man unit of goblins. Even on Big'uns you should kill roughly half of the unit if the spell goes off successfully.

A personal favorite of mine are pigeon bombs with the engineers, when they work they're fantastic! S4 armor piercing small template that can be placed anywhere you would like, no sight or range restrictions. Just be sure when you take them that you place your war machines out of range of the engineers so that if the pigeon comes back at least its only him that takes a possible hit. This works well with the lore of life since any successfully cast spell regenerates 1 wound on a character and you're planning to blast them to bits you can regenerate any lost wounds.

Even though the huntsmen are awesome I prefer pistoleers because you get more bang for you buck while being even more mobile.

+ Reply to Thread