<2000 Help!!! thinking about starting empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Help!!! thinking about starting empire

Hi im a relativley new player and other than my 3000pt high elf army i don't have any other armies and i was thinking about starting empire so would this be a good 750pt list

captain full plate armour, enchanted shield, sword of sigsmund
    30 swordsmen musician, standered bearer
    10 crossbowmen
    8 knights
    20 great swords

C & C welcome and remember i'm new so go easy on me

2. Remove Advertisements

In the Loft
    60 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2052 (x8)

Hey dude, I'm new to Empire so don't take anything I say as Cannon. Either way, welcome to the Empire boards!!! (we sure as hell could do with some more voices in here...)

I'm not sure a 'fighty' Captain is all that great to be honest, for the points you're probably better going the whole Hog and taking a General as the LD9 is pretty cool! So is the ability to take a Magic std on some state troops. I'd probably grab a Level 2 Wizard though as Magic can be truly devastating in the smaller games. Shadow is always reliable to cause the enemy grief.

The list looks good though, I'd be tempted to drop or reduce the size of the Great swords and grabbing a Mortar as they can cause some serious casualties. You could drop the Knights down to 6 as you wont need the extra bodies to go hunting flankers etc and 8 just isn't enough to do any real damage against an enemy unit.

So, If you knocked the Knights down to 6, dropped the Great swords down to 18 (6x3) you'd almost have enough points to grab a Mortar.....

+ Reply to Thread