<2000 1500 friendly empire army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 friendly empire army

hey guys i am just starting out playing warhammer and want to collect dwarfs but am borrowing my mates empire army...its hard enough to modify things but was wondering how best i could play with th units i have. the models i have are as follows...

1 general
    1 captain on horeseback with brace of pistols
    1 bsb
    28 spearmen
    10 halberdiers
    24 handgunners
    8 knights
    1 cannon

here is how i play it...
    1 elector count
    -runefang sword,full plate armour(fpa), shield
    1 captain
    -mouted, fpa, brace of pistols
    1 bsb
    -fpa,
    28 spearmen
    -shields griffon standard
    10 halberdiers
    12 handgunners
    -marksman with repeater handgun
    12 handgunners
    -marksman with repeater handgun
    8 knights of the inner circle
    -standard of arcane warding
    1 great cannon

so what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Well, the models available to you are just plain awful. That said, we can do a little to tighten things up a bit. First, the runefang is too expensive and doesn't allow you to take a ward save. I recommend you go with the holy relic and sword of sigismund instead. And I'd change the banner to the razor standard. And it's well worth your money to buy a wizard!
    Last edited by Marnepup; February 18th, 2012 at 02:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the runefang sword is great used in it battle today but i will try the holy relic and sigismund in my next 1 to compare and see what i like....when i played the battle the griffon standard won me a lot of combats because i have so many ranks (5 full + 6th with 3 models) if it wasnt for it i would have probably lost the game by the end of turn 2 and as it was i won with 1 turn remaining, but again i will give it a go as there is so much to this game!

thanks

has a ca-fading facade Jackmoddle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    223 (x4)

Welcome to Warhammer! I'm wondering if you're using the latest Empire army book, since you mentioned Elector Counts. Shouldn't make a big difference but could affect your game. Also, keep in mind the Griffon Standard only works for complete ranks (5+) and can give a bonus for a maximum of 3 extra ranks (so a total of 6+ to combat res). If you're just playing for fun, you will be fine, but that's definitely not the army I would choose to play with.
    Honey badger don't care.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you were using the griffon standard wrong. Since the normal limit of CR bonus for ranks is +3, that's all the standard can double. As such, it's still good, being worth up to +3 CR.... But the razor standard could be worth more, since it causes more enemy casualties... And, once dead, the enemies stay dead, lol, so the razor one is in my opinion better because its effect (dead enemies!) lasts beyond the current round of combat.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i was using it correctly but because i had so many ranks i could lose some guys to wounds and still have 3 full ranks to get a 6+ to com res...i know myself if i was collecting empire properly that is definately not the army i would have but it is all i have available atm and as i said i want to collect dwarfs but dont have any models as of yet so i am usingmy friends models so ican become familiar with the game. i am using the 7th ed army book as i do not want to buy the 8th ed book...hence the elector count

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Can't really add much onto what Marne and Jack have said but psst, the 'current' Army book was released in Jan 2007 so it's over 5 years old. The one your using is 4/5 years older than that so ruleswise you're stuck back in around 5th Edition. The FAQ's obviously wont work for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha damn thats old i had no idea it was that old :/

+ Reply to Thread