<3000 2500 8th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 8th

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

2500 8th

Been awhile since I posted a list, I was wondering how some of these units are performing in the 8th ed book. This list will be more concentrated around using my bound spells rather than magic. Lemme know what you think

Lords - 623 points
    Arch Lector, War Altar, Horn, Heavy Armour, White Cloak of Ulric, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Potion of Speed
    Grand Master, Shield, Runefang, Talisman of Protection

Hero - 200 points
    Battle Wizard, lvl 2, Staff of Sorcery
    Master Engineer

Core - 640 points
    Knights of the Inner Circle X9, Great Weapons, Musician, Standard, Steel Standard
    Handgunners X 10, Marksman, Hochland Long Rifle

Special - 534 points
    Pistoliers X 5, Musician, Outrider, Repeater Pistol
    Demigryph Knights X 3
    Great Cannon
    Great Cannon

Rare - 500 points
    Steam Tank
    Celestial Hurricanum
    Helblaster Volley Gun

Total = 2497

Its a very heavy shooting list with a lot of mobility as well. I know the first thing people will notice is no big blocks of units and generally people wont like the Grand Master. I took him because I wanted to see how effective the Runefang can be if it is near the War Altar when in combat, I plan on running the unit of knights close to the altar as much as I can. I was thinking of also dropping a cannon for another unit of Pistoliers.

2. Remove Advertisements

28 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Actually, I wouldn't drop a cannon, one is less than half as reliable as two, and two plus an engineer is point'n'click death! Points hike be damned, they're still as good as they were in the old book.

I would drop the HLRs and change two of the handgun units to crossbows, though. The added range is better than the pip of AP, but when you have three units, there's room for one set of hamdguns. I'd also drop the outrider, stank, and 'canum. The thing is, the stank stinks, and who is going to benefit from the 'canum's +1 bubble? Maybe get a fourth outrider and a unit of reiksguard? T4, 1+, stubborn, and they fit your theme of cav+shooting. Maybe a second helblaster, too?
    Last edited by Marnepup; May 12th, 2012 at 05:39.

+ Reply to Thread