[2000] Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [2000] Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

[2000] Empire army list

Here's my 2000 pts army list, if anyone can give me a review of it, it would be very much appreciated. I have all the models in this list except the Hellblaster but this will be taken care of soon enought .

Anyway, I wanted an infantry based army with a lot of shooting capacity and I wanted to retain some magic defense as well. So here it goes.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Heroes
    Elector Count
    Warhorse; Barding; Armour of Meteoric Iron; Great Weapon

Captain
    Warhorse; Barding; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Sword of Might

Battle Wizard of the Celestial order; level 1
    Dispel Scroll X 2

Core
    7 Inner Circle Panther Knights
    Warhorse; Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Standard; Musician

5 Panther Knights
    Warhorse; Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield

25 Swordsmen
    Light Armour; Shield; 2-handed/extra weapon; Full Command
    Magic Standard; Banner of the Griffon
    Detachment #1 - 12 Free Company
    Detachment #2 - 8 Free Company

25 Swordsmen

6 Huntsmen

12 Handgunners
    Detachment #1 - 6 Swordsmen

Special
    1 Great Cannon
    1 Great Cannon

5 Pistolier
    Marskman; Repeater Handgun

Rare
    1 Hellblaster

Total Army Cost: 1997
    Casting Pool: 3
    Dispel Pool: 3
    Models in Army: 146

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Feel free to comment, this is kind of a vanilla army list but I think it will be fun to play with it. Enougth shooting, a lot of infantry and some good characters to back them up. I'm not sure I have enought models for an Empire army so feel free to comment on that too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

The list is fine, it works all right. Except for a few points.

7 Inner Circle Panther Knights
    Warhorse; Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Standard; Musician

5 Panther Knights
    Warhorse; Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield
    Give both units a First Knight. That'll protect your Captain and Count from unwanted challenges. Given humans aren't the toughest characters, nor the most skilled ones, I think most challenges will be unwanted. Plus the most irritating thing of all, having the character challenged by a lowly unit champion, wasting his capabilities for that turn.

12 Handgunners
    I'd just keep this unit out of combat. Though you could add a crossbow unit instead of swordsmen instead.

And I'm not a fan of the Hellblaster. But that's just personal.

If you can free up the points, by dropping the Sword of Might maybe and the Swordsmen detachment e.g., I'd try to change the Count into a Grandmaster. He's far more capable.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is quite nice army i like the big units of swordsmen , although i would change a few things

1. i would drop the elector just for the fact i have never liked them and put either a captain or GM althoyugh to save pints captai wil be best .

2. i would drop 1 of the DS on the wizzard and get level 2 , this will help a lot with magic defence and if you take lore of fire maybe get some nice magic missiles off.

3. i would drop the pistoilers and take more handgunners , although this is personal taste.

probably a feww more things i would do but i have only really glanced at the list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Well to drop down the knights units is a good idea. I'll drop them to one unit of 6 knights with a banner and a first knight and one unit with 5 knights with a first knight.

I am keeping the pistoliers, they are way too useful to not take them.

I want to keep the Elector Count because his leadership is much needed in this army and he will run with the infantry even if he is mounted. I'm not sure what a Grand Master can give me if I take him, I'll have to make him run in a big unit of knights (at least to make sure he gets back his points and is useful to the rest of my army and that's leaving my infantry with a Ld of 8 wich might be a mistake...

The Swordsmen detachment on the handgunner is there to act as bodyguards for that unit, and eventually divert some attacks from my artillery. I might even take 2 detachment of 6 men so I can send one of them right away near the cannons to repel units such as fell bats...

Since I am freeing some points from not taking that many knights I might actually have enought to take 2 units of 12 handgunners.

The hellblaster is such a nice piece of artillery I am still unsure about it.

What do you people think about taking a level 2 wizard with one dispel scroll only instead of taking a level 1 scroll caddy with 2 dispel scrolls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Well dropping the pistoliers is a bad idea, as they are the best fast cav unit in the game.

Also a lv2 mages doesn't help magical defence at all, he still gives you 1 dd, stick the to cady.

thew hell blaster will bow up very fast, although it is a purely random weapon, at 3 artillery dice a turn, it should misfire by turn 2, so use it wisely. watch out not to fall for too many missile weapons, this can lead you to having not enough flexible units, gets much harder to flank.

the grand master can ditch out more pain, but this army doesn't need one, as Ld will do wonders for your troops to hold the line.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. havnt played for ages i need to look at the rules and the army books again...

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

If you have Full plate Armour, Sheild, Mounted and barding on you Count, WHat is the point of the armour of Metoric iron,

Why not drop a few points and take a Runefang instead?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr
    Elector Count
    Warhorse; Barding; Armour of Meteoric Iron; Great Weapon
    Truthly i would drop him from his horse and put him in a swordsmen unit, also his high LD is need to keep the troops inline, drop the barding there no need for it if you have the armour.
    I usely give him the holy relic a nice wardsave helps keep him alive more.
    Captain
    Warhorse; Barding; Full Plate Armor; Shield; Sword of Might
    Seems fine here, mayby consider dropping sword of might for a lance or GW save alot points but if you live str5 then thats cool.

Battle Wizard of the Celestial order; level 1
    Dispel Scroll X 2
    Also WolfPack is right, with only 3 Dispel dice and 2 dispel scrolls, undead and magic armies will walk though that easliy, i would take another wizard and a seal of destruction if you can its nothing better than destroying one of the enemies best spells.

25 Swordsmen
    Magic Standard; Banner of the Griffon

25 Swordsmen
    I would swap the 2 8 FC for 8 handgunners or X-bowmen

12 Handgunners
    The detachment is way to small, i never take detachments smaller than 8 men 6 is way to easy to panic or kill, a simple fire ball would kill them all.

5 Pistolier
    Marskman; Repeater Handgun
    I am sure these guys are good but i havent had a chance to buy a few units yet even thought i have a 2,5k empire army :/, I plan to convert 2 units of 5-6 there seems be alot of firepower in this unit but see the repeater handgun can that move and shoot?

Hmm also dont bother with the runefang its way over priced for what it does and he is more of a defentive character then offencive just do expect him to take on a chaos lord he'll get slapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Well, thanks to all your comments I made a revised list.

The Elector Count stays in the list and he stay mounted the primary reason being that I don't have an EC on foot and the other one being that I see some benefits to have a Mounted characted in an infantry unit. He will stay in the middle of my troops to make them benefit from his Leadership. I dropped the Armour of Meteoric Iron and added the Holy Relic.

The captain with a lance will go with the Knight unit taking their number to 8 (2 ranks of 4 or one line of , so more power to them. I'm still not sure if that unit is worth 2 unit of 5 knights but I guess time will tell. They will work with the Pistoliers to deny flanking attacks and make their own flanking move.

The Warrior-Priest will be on foot and he will go with one of the Swordsmen unit, probably the one on the flank not covered by the knights and the pistoliers.

Also I replaced the Hellblaster by more troops. A unit of 25 Spearmen will guard the center of my army and will be flanked by my 2 Swordsmen units. If I can anchor this unit on a flank I will make it protect the artillery and the shooters. I gave them the Banner of Valor because it will fit more with the Nordland theme of my army than a Griffon Banner (wich I heard is overused and considered cheesy in any empire army) and because being immune to psychology will help this unit a great deal by making it more reliable.

This list look a lot better to me (and on the table) than the previous one and I think I should be able to use it rather nicely. Overall I have a better magic offense/defense with this setup even if I don't have any Dispel Scroll. I still have to learn how to use a shooting detachment but I think I have a good idea how to do that. Of course there's less shooting in it than I wanted at first but there's a lot of infantry and that's what I like about the empire.

So here it goes:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Heroes
    Elector Count
    Warhorse; Barding; Full Plate Armour; Holy Relic; Great Weapon

Captain
    Warhorse; Barding; Full Plate Armour; Shield; Lance

Battle Wizard of the Celestial order; level 2
    Rod of Power

Warrior-Priest of Sigmar
    Heavy Armour; Great Weapon

Core
    7 Knights
    Warhorse; Barding; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Banner

25 Spearmen
    Light Armour; Shield; Spear; Full Command
    Magic Standard; Banner of Valor
    Detachment #1 - 8 Swordsmen

24 Swordsmen
    Light Armour; Shield; Sword; Full Command
    Detachment #1 - 10 Free Company
    Detachment #2 - 8 Handgunners

24 Swordsmen
    Light Armour; Shield; Sword; Full Command
    Detachment #1 - 10 Free Company
    Detachment #2 - 8 Handgunners

5 Huntsmen

10 Handgunners

Special
    1 Great Cannon
    1 Great Cannon

5 Pistoliers

Total Army Cost: 1997
    Casting Pool: 4
    Dispel Pool: 4
    Models in Army: 156

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tell me what you think about this one.

Edit: If I had the points I would make 2 units of 5 knights instead of 1 unit of 7 men and I would add an archer unit of 10 men. That way I would be a lot more mobile and I would be able to march block ennemy troops easily. I could have it though if I dropped the Warrior-Priest, drop the Spearmen unit to 20 men and give the level 2 wizard 2 dispel scrolls. I believe I need that magic in my army though and by having the Warrior-Priest I have more Dispel Dices and a useful set of rules that comes along plus is Ld 8.

Tell me what you think of this.
    Last edited by Thyr; June 8th, 2005 at 03:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=creme egg]

2. i would drop 1 of the DS on the wizzard and get level 2 , this will help a lot with magic defence

this makes no sense.this would give WORSE magical defence.there would still be the same number of dispell dice and 1 less scroll.MADNESS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast