Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Thinking of starting Empire but have not decided yet
but still here is a list for people to review.
Grand Master of the Black Rose 250:yes:
Sword of Power
Master Engineer 100
Von Horstmens Speculum
Sword of Might
Master Engineer 90
Battle Wizard 110
Knights of the Black Rose*9 316
Great Cannon 100]
Great Cannon 100 ] ---:rolleyes:
Great Cannon 100 ]
Hellblaster :yes: 125
Hellblaster :yes: 125
Last edited by Dragon; March 16th, 2006 at 20:38.
I see we hail from NULN! ^_^
You need some more closecombat troops, just a unit of spearmen won't do. And you need to give you're closecombat units detachments. You shouldn't really give a unit of misslie troops a detachment of more missle troops.
Fielding two helblasters I see, I would protest I think many of you're friends or gamers won't like you very much. Because having two helblaster would be very cheese even if you are making the Artillery Train of Nuln.
You have the classic master engineer with VHS! The only problem is, is that if you are playing an expericenced player in warhamemr, he would see it coming from a mile away if you place him with you're combat troops or you could have the engineer pose as a decoy :ninja: and pretend to pull off a VHS on them .
i have played empire for years and love them and one of the most effective lists from them is the gun line, i have a few suggestions for you
1. change your grand master for a level 4 wizard with rod of power will give you more magic defence and by upgrading your level 1 to 2 it will give you another round in to which you can shoot the emeny to death, (life magic is the best)
2. cut down the knights to one rank with battle standard.
3.change one cannon to a mortar, as this is good against skirmishers (wood elves in woods) and horde armies and the big pie template scares people.
4. Also if you could maybe cut out your spearmen and put in a small unit of 5 knights maybe even a lot of cutting and put in white wolf innner circle and unit of knights on each flank to scare off fast cav and force them into the centre of your gun line (he he he he)
5. if you drop a engineer, give hochland long rifles to marksmen in your handgunners. good for picking out ralting gun, characters and also warmachine crews.
6. if you do keep the engineers do not give them magic item and with the amount of power dice you might of well write off that phase and spend points on upgrades.
i know you might to going for the nuln theme so maybe dropping a engineer does not fit however if you want to give a good game and challenge i would really make the changes.
if you did make the changes then i know Ld 8 does not sound great but with the amount of shooting magic and anti magic you should clear the table.
Last edited by xenomania_dawson; April 3rd, 2006 at 09:08.
'work to live do not live to work'
Personally i would cut the knights down to 8 and take away there inner cricle, knights can be good but they can really eat up points.
then id switch the spearmen for halberdiers which should free up more points.
after that id bring some of the hand gunners as detachments for your melee, and if you have enough points try and get another unit of halberiers which should make a good and steady frontline defence giving your men some more time to shoot plenty of little holes in your opponent
I cannot recall if is possible (do the cannons still count as special??) but if it is:
1) ditch the knights and add pistoliers. Pistoliers are a godsend, they can deal as much damage as knights, and if you stay near to your enemy and keep your cannon fire accurate, you will get alot of turns to shoot, as well as alot of turns of firing pistols.
2) ditch the knights and add spearmen then consolidate Hand-gunner units into detatchments. Ten spearmen will do fine, with 2 handgunners to a side. This will give your entire line Stand-and-Shoot abilities, and also give the whole line some rigid backbone. Nobody will want to charge that!
The 2x Hellblasters are a little cheap. Trade one for a mortar or some-such.
Its always is best to keep knights in groups of 6 or 10 Xanthos.Originally Posted by Xanthos
Switching the spearmen for just halberiers is not very smart. Most people would rather want 10 str 3 attacks then 5 str 4 attack. Hallberdiers make good detachments, but not very good parent units, and if you lose combat, you lose around 200pt just to save 15pts over all? Thats not at all great.
can i ask you one question?Its always is best to keep knights in groups of 6 or 10 Xanthos.
Why the heck would you have a unit of 6 knights?
However i suppose your right about the spearmen
A unit of 6 knights make a deadly flanking force along with a larger calvary force or just any infantry unit, they can break nearly anything when they hit a flank. They are fast, and powerful... I usually prefer to have knights of the white wolf as a flanking force their str is deadly.Originally Posted by Xanthos
Ps. Try to keep all your posts and comments in one post. Do not double post.
i agree magic, i always use 2 units of 6 knights both inner circle one white wolf with steel standard and other with warbanner. they save alot on points in 6's and also gain those extra attacks. the trick with only 6 cav is to charge units of other cav or a unit you should break on the charge. With the list being nuln it is really important to have cav because the will stop his troops being rushed, the will not rush for fear of being cahrge thus slowing them down allowing you gun line to do the work.
'work to live do not live to work'