2000pt EMPIRE - Beginners! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt EMPIRE - Beginners!

Hello All! I have been playing 40k for a while now but have decided it's time to take a foray into the world of fantasy and build a "proper" army.

This is my first list. It is designed to be balanced, capable of taking on anyone. I haven't played with it yet, but am in the process of building it.

Your comments on it would be appreciated, as to wether it would work or not!

LORD:

General+full plate armour+shield+warhorse+barding+sword of power+holy relic=201

HEROES:

Captain (BS+full plate armour+wyrm slayer sword+the white cloak=133

Wizard+lvl 2+2 dispel scrolls=150

Wizard+lvl 2+wizards staff+doomfire ring=140

CORE:

20 swordsmen+FC=145
    10 Halberdiers+shields (detachment for swordsmen)=60
    20 Spearmen+shields+FC=140
    10 Halberdiers+shields (detachment for spearmen)=60
    10 free company (detachment for greatswords)=50
    10 handgunners+marksman+longrifle=105
    9 knights+FC+war banner=272

SPECIAL:

Cannon=100
    Cannon=100
    20 greatswords+FC=230
    5 outriders+musician=113

TOTAL=1999

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guardian Angel,

Looks like a solid, well-balanced list. The suggestions I would make would be to replace one of the cannons with a mortar. this will give you more "balance" and allow you to take out light infantry easier. I would also trim down your cavalry unit to say 7 (I take it the Captain joins this unit) or so and make them inner circle. Other than that it seems like a pretty good list.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

It's a decent enough list as it is.
    It's got 2 primary infantry regiments, although possibly a little small (25-30 is the new standard), each with a combat detachment (can't forget them).
    A very large Greatsword unit which will cause issues for any enemy should easily be able to hold the centre of the line. I'm assuming the BSB hangs around in there to make it a little tougher to beat.
    About the only issues I see with it is the relative lack of missile weapons, and the unusually large Knight unit.
    A unit with 9 knights (and a General and the War Banner) is very very large. Fair enough you get the rank bonus for the extras, and the War Banner adds +1 to the CR for the unit, but it's an expensive unit. Including your General, it's nearly 1/4 of your total force, and that is too much for a single unit at that game size.
    If you were to drop it down to 5 Knights, plus the General (and the War Banner) it would still be a potent force, and a significant amount cheaper, but it wouldn't have rank bonus. Probably not a big loss when you consider what else you could spend the points on.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm

Thanks for the thoughts. I know there is maybe a little less artillery than normal in this list, but that's as I didn't want to depend on it to heavily.

I see what your saying about the mortar. I did consider it but chose not to. Are mortars that good?

As for the knights, my general is joining them. I can't make them inner circle though as I have already used all my special choices. I may trim them to 7 though.
    Then with the extra points I could bulk out the swordsmen and speramen units.

And the BSB is planned to go with the greatswords.

I'll do some point juggling tonight and see what happens! Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread