1500 empire first attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 empire first attempt

This is a friendly list, and my first try at any WHFB list.
    Heroes
    General: warrior priest: 140: barded warhorse and sword of righteous fury: rides with knights
    battle standard bearer: 108: full plate armor, hand weapon, and war banner: stays with swordsmen
    level 2 wizard: 140: grey wand, fire lore
    Core units
    2 units of 20 swordsmen: 135 pts each
    1 unit of 20 xbow men with 10 halberdier detachment and marksmen: 230 pts
    20 archer militia:165 pts
    Knights of the inner circle with precepter. all with lance and shield: 248 pts
    Special units
    2 great cannons: 200 pts

Come out to a total of of 1501 points. I was thinking of having the priest reinforced knights charge weak points in the line. using the crossbowmen with halberds for defense parked on a hill to have some range damage, along with the archers.. the swordsmen would create a defensive line to protect the cannons and xbows and archers. Let me know your opinions, and if you see any weaknesses in the list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

General: warrior priest: 140: barded warhorse and sword of righteous fury: rides with knights
    Dump the SoRS for a sword of might. Hitting on 2+ with 2 S4 attacks isn't worth 30pts. He's going to need some armour. I would use Dawn Armour, barded warhorse and a shield for a 1+ rerollable AS. At the very least barded warhorse, heavy armour, enchanted shield.

Another good set up is: BWH, HA, enchanted shield, doomfire ring, biting blade.

battle standard bearer: 108: full plate armor, hand weapon, and war banner: stays with swordsmen
    I love the war banner, I really do though I think this is a waste. I'd give it to the knights and give him some magical equipment. He needs a better AS, maybe AoMI.

level 2 wizard: 140: grey wand, fire lore
    With 4 power dice you don't have a prayer of getting any spells off so the grey wand is a waste. I'd use the rod of power so you can switch to more magic defense against a magic heavy opponent. You can throw in a ring of volans in that case as well.

With the doomfire ring you'd have 6 power dice, 1 bound spell, 1 prayer and a 1 use bound spell. Still not enough to force a lot of spells through but you should be able to get a couple off.

2 units of 20 swordsmen: 135 pts each
    1 unit of 20 xbow men with 10 halberdier detachment and marksmen: 230 pts
    20 archer militia:165 pts
    Thats a lot of missile troops. I would make the halberdier detachment go with the swordsmen (and if you can make them swordsmen too since they're much better).

Knights of the inner circle with precepter. all with lance and shield: 248 pts
    You have 8 of these?! Plus the warrior priest is 9, way too many. Drop them down to 6 and give them the warbanner.

(plus keep in mind they're special choices)

Come out to a total of of 1501 points.
    Take out the marksman and you have a 1500pt list.

the swordsmen would create a defensive line to protect the cannons and xbows and archers. Let me know your opinions, and if you see any weaknesses in the list.
    With so many missile troops you will be trying to force your opponent to come to you. Hold the knights back. A unit of flagellants instead of one of the swordsmen might be a good idea. You could afford them by taking out 2 knights.

Your biggest weakness will be holding your flanks. It is a weakness all empire armies have so be careful. Try to put your missile troops and esp. your cannons in the center of your formation.

Good luck!
    Last edited by DotR; June 29th, 2007 at 16:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After some fairly heavy modification, I came up with this new list. still 7 points to use, any ideas? More swordsman to protect the backfield. also more magic intensive. A question though: will I be able to legitamately advance with this army or will having 30 Xbox men be too hard to move? I only included them b/c I think the regiment box (20 melee and 10 xbow/hangunners) is too good a deal to pass up.
    Heroes:
    Mounted warrior priest: barded warhorse, sword of power, heavy armor and shield: 150 pts
    the plan is for this guy to ride with the knights
    Level 2 wizard: luckstone, dispel scroll, fire lore 150 pts
    Level 2 wizard: Rod of power, fire lore 130 pts
    Core units:
    3x20 units of swordsmen with duellists: 145 pts each
    2x15 units of xbow men with marksmen: 140 pts each

Special units:
    8 Inner circle knights w/ preceptor: lance and shield, barded warhorses 248 pts
    1 great cannon: 100 points
    please comment, and if you have any ideas to make the list more mobile without making it substantially more expensive(actual money, not pts), feel free to let me know. thanks

+ Reply to Thread