Torny Empire List, what you think? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torny Empire List, what you think?

Okay, this a trial list that I have come up with, is it feasible?

Karl Franz with Garl Marez on a Barbed Warhorse

Lv 1 Wizard with Dispel scroll

Warrior Priest with Sword of Justice and Armour of Meteoric Iron on a Steed

10 Hand gunners

10 Hand gunners

9 Knights with Champion and Standard (Karl goes here)

9 Inner Circle Nights with Champion and Standard (Warrior Priest goes here)

5 Pistoleers

Steam Tank

Steam Tank

2000pts

Could this list work at the GT do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever

No, this list couldnot work at all, it is way to small for empire

drop 1 of the steamtanks, or maybe both (your choice)

Drop karl Franz, and go for general with a captain

upgradfe wizard to level 2 or get another one (lvl 1).

buy some state troops, for crying out loud man, u need state troops.

get a cannon

like the handgunners, maybe drop one knight unit, or shorten down, however, if u do not that is okay
    consider hellblaster or helstrom (when it comes out).

there hope that helps, and you should have a better, beefier list.

"Like frenzied beasts, they was. But I tell you, there was never a sweeter sound than the howls of the Wulfen that night."
    Sgt. Pridman, veteran of the Tlax slaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to let you know this list won today. That aside, this list is purely the work of my imagination. I would never take it to a torny (I am a Tomb Kings Player by trade), but the Two Steam Tanks worked really well becuase there is very little that can hurt them. Karl Franz is a bit of a points waster, he didn't do that much. As for state troops, they are fine in a balanced empire army, and I would take them under normal circumstances, but a friend asked me to create a cheesy torny list for him to play (we are both going to the GT in a few months so trying to get practice in) and this is what i came up with. It's only real problem was a lack of magic protection. the two Cav. units were awesome but they need support from somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well definately give the mage another dispel scroll.

The problem with this list in a tournament is that against certain armies it will do very well. However any army that can cause high strenght hits (which is a lot of armies) will destroy it.

So in the end you will get a lot of massacres and get massacred a lot, so you won't come out on top in the tournament.

Balanced lists are the way to go. That way it comes down to how well you play and you could win all of your games.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DotR View Post
    Well definately give the mage another dispel scroll.

The problem with this list in a tournament is that against certain armies it will do very well. However any army that can cause high strenght hits (which is a lot of armies) will destroy it.

So in the end you will get a lot of massacres and get massacred a lot, so you won't come out on top in the tournament.

Balanced lists are the way to go. That way it comes down to how well you play and you could win all of your games.
    Seconded. A balanced list gives a better general the ability to do well against ALL opponents.

The list you presented would get absolutely smashed on composition (if they worry about that at the tourney) and would be no fun to play against. I think Karl Franz is a great choice, especially on the warhorse. If you have any concerns about his performance, watch what he can do against multiwound opponents/monsters. Each "hit" autowounds, no armour save, and does D3 wounds. Hit a treeman and you can drop him with 2 hits.

I would drop the steam tanks personally, if you want to make a "cheesy" army. Go the all cavalry army. Knights as core with outriders as specials.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Well does this list look better?

Arch Lector ridding a War Alter, carrying Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon and the Doom Fire Ring

Warrior Priest carrying Icon of Magnus, Great Weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron

Level 2 Battle Wizard – Crystal Ball, Dispel Scroll

Level 2 Battle Wizard – Dispel Scroll, Sigil of Sigmar

24 Swordsmen with full command. Detachment Units of 8 Halbediers & 8 Handgunners

19 Swordsmen with full command. Detachment Units of 8 Halbediers & 8 Handgunners

10 Huntsmen

25 Flagellants

5 Outriders with Musician and Champion carrying Hochland Long Rifle

5 Pistoliers with Musician

Great Cannon

Rocket Battery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better, i personally like this list alot better. congratz on your first victory, you really proved me wrong{goofy}. But, a balanced use will do better against all comers as stated.

"Like frenzied beasts, they was. But I tell you, there was never a sweeter sound than the howls of the Wulfen that night."
    Sgt. Pridman, veteran of the Tlax slaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Arch Lector ridding a War Alter, carrying Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon and the Doom Fire Ring

Warrior Priest carrying Icon of Magnus, Great Weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron
    Try giving the arch lector the AoMI to give him some more protection.

You can mount the other warrior priest and give him an enchanted shield and sword of might or the dawn armour.

I'm not impressed with the Icon of Magnus but if you feel you need it then thats fine.

Level 2 Battle Wizard – Crystal Ball, Dispel Scroll

Level 2 Battle Wizard – Dispel Scroll, Sigil of Sigmar
    Try

lvl 2 wizard - 2x dispel scroll
    lvl 2 wizard - rod of power, ring of volans

You could have 9 dispel dice if you needed it (plus 2 scrolls), or 8 power dice plus all of your bound spells.

That is a lot more magical offense or defense through the rod.

Also, a dispel scroll will provide you with much more magic defense than the sigil will.

Detachment Units of 8 Halbediers & 8 Handgunners

Detachment Units of 8 Halbediers & 8 Handgunners
    Why not more swordsmen?

10 Huntsmen
    If you find you can deploy them then go ahead. I think another unit of pistoliers would be better.

5 Outriders with Musician and Champion carrying Hochland Long Rifle
    I really don't like these guys. Definately drop the HLR. You're paying a ridiculous amount of points for it, when it could be a lot cheaper on a handgunner. I think your list is lacking in punch. I think a unit of knights would be the perfect replacement for this unit. Also, warrior priests work best with knights to lend their hatred to so you would be making the best use out of your priest.

+ Reply to Thread