Would this army work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would this army work?

I want an army just built out of flagelants, battle priests, lots of milita, hunters, archers, and a bit of state troupes would work for a good friendly but also a slight competative force. I would make it a 2000 point army and the main unit would be the flagelants. What im asking is if it could work and also some help on what to arm my priests, and how many flagelants and state troupes i should use. Well thank You for any help

P.S. sorry for any spelling mistakes

I have no idea what to put here so ill put this...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You can't go wrong with a couple of flagellant units on your side. Unbreakable is my favourite ability in the whole game (hmm, maybe I should start playing undead...) and offers you great flexibility. They can also pack quite a punch to boot. They are cheap enough that you can have a large unit of them and they won't cost you too many points.

State troops are great, and militia provide great detachment units.

I wouldn't forgo shooting altogether, at the very least I would include a mortar or two. Damn I love mortars0:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Archers and crossbowmen.

The army will be competitive, no worries about that.

One thing you have to consider is big monsters, if you take no warmachines and knights you really can't hurt them unless you kit out your characters to kill them.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i bought the armybook and got a warrior priest, 10 handgunners, and 15 free company. The next thing ill buy is two boxes of flagelants to get 20 as a center block to my army. How is this for a starter army also what do you think i should get next?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by XenuLikesIt View Post
    ok i bought the armybook and got a warrior priest, 10 handgunners, and 15 free company. The next thing ill buy is two boxes of flagelants to get 20 as a center block to my army. How is this for a starter army also what do you think i should get next?
    Its a shame you got the handgunners. I believe crossbowmen are better with their extra 6" range.

Well, why don't you work out an army list that you would like to have. Post it here and we can look at the big picture and give advice before you spend your cash on models that you may not want. I find having an army list to work from focuses your buying and stops you buying model you wont end up using.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thank you for all your help, and I made a list and put it in the Army List forum.

+ Reply to Thread