Crazy Crazy Cathayan Army Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy Crazy Cathayan Army Idea

Yes that's right! another cathayan Army! ;?

but seriously, i know there has been a few good, and not so good attempts at it, the biggest problem is the excessive conversion required, but I realised that GW already make a force that looks close to the chinese: LOTR Easterlings!

OK stop giving me that shocked look. I never play games in GW, and theres really only one tournament that cares in Australia (GT) and I'm happy to miss THAT one.

I'm interested in building a 2,250 pt tourney force that is competetive (duh) but will be restricted to the model range of:

Spearmen, Swordsmen and Archers (tho the armour may a problem there)

Knights (will require weapon conversion)

command models:

Kislev Kossar allies or maybe greatswords (Allies from Nippon fluffwise)

Kislev light Cav (Nippon Allies)

i wld also use Karl Franz on Dragon to represent the commander using Easterling body +

and wizards or maybe priests:

plus scratch build some helstorm rocket batteries (duh) from i don't know wehre yet.spare lizardmen bits will help with the whole red dragon theme too.

my questions are: do you think this will army will work aesthetically and so on, will people have too much of a problem ?

And:

can / will it be competitve? I'd be missing several useful core infantry, as well as the more reliable Empire Artillaery. Knights (if any) wouldn't be armed with Lances etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

There's already a thread on this. It's a breach of GW Copyright (unfortunately). the user used the rules for the Empire, and wanted to use Easterlng figures. Besides, they'd be too small. The LOTR scale is a fair amount smaller, so will probably be impractical. Currently there's a huge panel of 2 of us making a Cathayan list (from scratch).

-AFG
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; November 22nd, 2007 at 22:13.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Actually the rules regarding lotr models in wfb and 40k has been removed (yay). The only conditions involved is that if you enter a GW sponsored event you may not get pictures of your mini's on a GW website or in white dwarf (even if you come in first!). ;Y

(I have myself seen nagast and adeptus mechanus commander conversions from a lotr sauron model displayed at warhammer world in the attached GW shop)
    Last edited by Arklite; November 22nd, 2007 at 21:41.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

That's good news at any rate. I still believe they're too small though, so, an Easterling will be smaller than a State Trooper.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, they'd be too small. The LOTR scale is a fair amount smaller, so will probably be impractical.
    true, LOTR is a smaller scale (25mm compared to 28mm). but don't forget that cathayans / chinese are a smaller race of people. Easterlings are also larger humans, so the scale difference won't be to bad. in any case they are still human sized, Str & T 3 looking models

Actually the rules regarding lotr models in wfb and 40k has been removed (yay). The only conditions involved is that if you enter a GW sponsored event you may not get pictures of your mini's on a GW website or in white dwarf (even if you come in first!).
    And i doubt I'm that good anyway!

I just saw the brettonian based cathayans. might do it that way instead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Iaphyr View Post
    true, LOTR is a smaller scale (25mm compared to 28mm). but don't forget that cathayans / chinese are a smaller race of people. Easterlings are also larger humans, so the scale difference won't be to bad. in any case they are still human sized, Str & T 3 looking models
    there are realisticly, they would look like strange slender dwarves, it'll be like putting a 1/72 model next to a 1/45 model, you'll be able to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Iaphyr View Post
    And i doubt I'm that good anyway!

I just saw the brettonian based cathayans. might do it that way instead...
    that might be a better bet, it would help to get some of the LOTR shields though, might save some time
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

One problem with that: Have you seen any LOTR figures? They are literally attached to the figure in question, and are nigh-impossible to remove.

I kind of don't like that army for some reason. Probably because it has too many Knights.

-AFG

+ Reply to Thread