Which unit makes for the best bodyguard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What unit is the besto bodygaurd unit available to the Empire?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greatswords

16 88.89%
  • Reiksguard

0 0%
  • Inner Circle Reiksguard

2 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Which unit makes for the best bodyguard?

Same drill as the Dwarf forum. Take into account all factors (points, effectiveness, etc).

You don't have to post a reason, just as long as I believe that's your honest opinion, but a reason is always good.

Thankyou for your time.

ED: *kicks self. Carp. Another thread, another typo that I can't modify *goes off into the corner and mutters something barely legible about people that type too quick and thus frequently make mistakes.

-AFG

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; February 29th, 2008 at 06:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

bodyguard for what? I think it makes a difference what you're trying to protect (level 4 wizard, archlector, captain BSB, Queen's marbles, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great swords are best bodygaurds because they stubborn so will not be broken in combat that easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I don't see how it can be that different since the units job is to protect the character, but I suppose I had combat characters in mind (including the General and BS, so base your vote on them.

-AFG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Stubborn units with nearby BSBs. Always the best IMO. I've run down more generals than I've killed.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Greatswords, because they are stubborn.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

well, you see, that's the problem I have with all these polls you're running AFG. They don't account for much, because they don't include most of the selections I would use necessarily and they certainly don't account for different situations. I'm really not sure what you're trying to accomplish with these polls. If you let us know, we might be able to help you find the answers you're looking for.

In my opinion, the best body guard is the swordsman. A unit of 25-30 with another swordsman detachment of 8-9 and maybe a detachment of handgunners works better than any of the other units you mentioned for me. I don't use inner circle, I don't use greatswords anymore, because they don't fit into the playing style I have (which can't afford the special unit selections) I think it also matters what kind of character you are using as well, because an Archlector, doesn't need a bodyguard if he takes the war alter, a captain is usually on a pegasus in my armies. Wizards can't hurt anyone, so they would need a bodyguard, but I wouldn't send my wizard into combat like I would my knights or my greatswords (combat units in my opinion).

But if you're wondering why you don't have 40-50 (average number of different fantasy viewers in a week) people voting in your polls, I think some of them may agree with me that there needs to be more thought and reasoning placed behind some of the polls here on LO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

*smacks hed on keyboard*

*keyboard breals*

*swears loudly at keyboard*

*fixes keyboard with #8 wire*

*sighs* I'll see how this goes. The majority of posters sem relatively satisfied, but I do have a MkII version in progress (it's more specific and clear).

-AFG

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Well Reiksguard may make a good bodyguard, but thats a waste of their abilties, they could be used more offensivly, and be more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greatswords because i use infanty armys so knights are no good and they are stubborn
    EVER WONDERED WHAT PERFECTION LOOKS LIKE?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WELL NOW YOU CAN SEE.

BLADES ALL THE WAY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast