Sigmar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigmar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigmar

Does anyone use any version of Valten, I like the champion of sigmar, I think he would be killer in smaller games like 1000 points. But what experience do you have with Champion, Chosen, or Exalted?

Sorry about the name of the thread, it should have been Valten.

Last edited by Ready4anything; April 19th, 2008 at 21:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I love him. If he gets the charge, he owns up. If he doesn't he survives to own up.

The reason I don't use him anymore is that you need your opponents permission to use him, which no-one in their right mind would ever do (unless your opponent has yet to face him).

In 1K, you'd have to trick your opponent into removing the FOC. If you can, more power to you, but I he's too much of a one-man army to make the game any fun. In 3K his effects can be contained a bit easier.

I just converted him to be the Emperor, because I find it unlikely that I'll ever be allowed to use him.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Where are his (Valten's) stats published? I have the models but never thought to use him...maybe I will. Sounds like he would have been good to use in the Ard Boyz... LOL
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

You can find them here along w/ some other really cool characters:

GW Online : Warhammer : Empire : Empire Special Characters

What you should try and do is set up some legendary battles or even better, have a "What if" battle where you can pit Valten and his army against Grimgore or Archaon or Belekor or whoever, just to see who comes out ontop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have pitted Valten I, Champion of Sigmar in 1k vs Dwarves and hes worthwhile.

Also, in one round of combat, Valten III, Exalted of Sigmar obliterated the famed super Character the White Dwarf himself, (the one worth 1000+ pts with Gotrek and Bugman as shield bearers).

That in itself won the game for me in addition to my greatswords getting a combat res of like 13 or something against his ironbreakers.

Going to play again this weekend, but who knows, maybe ill die this time.

+ Reply to Thread