Empire Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire Witch Hunters

I have heard rumors of a Empire Witch hunter army, also I know that a list was released in the WhiteDwarf around the same time the new army book was released.

But without having that White Dwarf, I have no idea what a Empire Witch Hunter army consists of.

Can anyone help me out? What is in a Empire Witch Hunter army? Or what can I expect out of it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Never heard of such an outlandish force;?, admittedly cool if they did bring it out.

Which WD was this? I have the one that was released at the same time as the Book, and I didn't see anything.

You sure it wasn't some gamer theming a force?

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, the witch hunter "army" was the Mordheim witch hunter warband. Same models, same world, different game.

Of course like Archon says you could always theme your army around it. Free company, warhounds and flagellants would be obvious choices as would warrior priests and grizzled witch hunters (captains). Taking a wizard would be a no-no though.

Oh, and forget pistoliers and outriders, as well as most war machines (you might be able to think up a story for a mortar/cannon, but forget about trying to explain a steam tank!)

Greatswords would probably also be out, although you can always convert a unit to have their rules but represent executioners or something (hoods and bulging muscles, hoorah)

Huntsmen would fit in well, as would most state troops, although you'd have to dirty their uniforms a bit

Knights are a possibility if converted. I doubt you'd see shiny plate mail on a witch hunt.
    Oi! Get off me beard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might be thinking of the issue where volkmar fights archon. It wasnt a TRUE witchunter force but more an army in the current rules themed as one, lots of preists and flagellants, free company and the like with some allied state troops. I think it would be a coold theme, you could probably convert almost any model to fit it in some way...though maybe not the steam tank, or hellblaster

+ Reply to Thread