Why Are Mortars Soo Crap? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars wouln't be the suck if they didn't have to see their targets, im mean, are cataputs that mich more technologicly advanced that they can fire at unseen enemies?
    MORTARS are SUCKBOT!!!
    does anyone agree with me or am I alone on this one? <:>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars aren&#39;t that bad. They can kill off Skaven and O&G with ease. Why moan? 3 of them can do some serious killing. . . . . . ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Commissar_Adam@May 14 2004, 16:42
    MORTARS are SUCKBOT&#33;&#33;&#33;
    What the hell? Suckbot??? Ok...

Mortars are some of the only &#39;ordinance&#39; in the game. Cheaper than a cannon, but often more effective
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars are great... they are hard to master. I had one, never got good at it (liked it like you), but then I meet some guy at a turnement, he destroyed half of my 2000 points with 3 Mortars and some luck... :blink:

-So yea your alone on this&#33;
    <span style='color:red'>-CEBWJ</span>

<span style='color:yellow'>Visit my new </span><a href='http://www.freewebs.com/cebwj' target='_blank'><span style='color:green'>Webpage</span></a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars are quite useful. Weak against most, but good on horde armies, they can still hurt otherarmies, if only a little. The LOS thing does suck when compare to stone throwers, but considering the low cost, they can be well worthwhile. ONe on its own is bad, but if you have 2-3, or some other artilley, then you can learn to use the mortar to easily make up its cost.
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia&#33;

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I agree with everyone else, mortars aren&#39;t useless. They can cause nasty damage against lightly armoured/low T armies, and units in big formations should fear this weapon.

So what it can&#39;t see a unit behind, and that&#39;s simply because it&#39;s harder to fire the mortar further (ie will require more Bpowder, thus better chance to explode). And the ST fire like that because it&#39;s got a longer range and is much harder to hit things close etc.

But in all the mortar is a good weapon, especially vs horde armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx guys you have rallied some hope in my heart for mortars, don&#39;t get your hopes up though i still like cannons better, (but hey I like swordsman better than anything else)

we all must remember, though, what a famous empire general said "There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons"

Closed Thread