An Army Building Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Iowa, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

35 (x1)

An Army Building Question

I'm at an impasse. I recently started a Bretonnian army as a second army, which I like very much, but I've always liked empire rules and concepts (warrior priests, flagellants). The deciding factor ended up being that I like the medieval look better than the renaissance theme. I played against an Empire player last night for the first time and got to thinking about the army again...

Would any be opposed to someone converting or using Bretonnian models as Empire models. The peasants are a little too dirty to be standard state troops, but playing with the heads a little could help that. Plus I want an army from a poorer region (such as Stirland). The men-at-arms would provide spearmen, halberdiers, free company, and perhaps one unit of swordsmen. Archers would be militia bowmen and maybe convert some xbowmen. Knights of the realm would obviously fill the roll of knightly orders. I'd have priests and flagellants from the current range.

Overall the army would retain a feudal, backwater feel to it, but in conjunction with the Empire's technological and social advances, my army would represent that of a provincial, though evolving, region. The only guns that I'd consider would be pistoliers and cannon/mortar. These would be fielded in small quantities and represent aristocratic wealth such as the addition of mortars/cannons to late medieval forces.

So..what do you guys think? Do you consider it blasphemous or an interesting and worthwhile endeavor? Am I betraying the character of the Empire?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Rhoaran; September 18th, 2008 at 14:46.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

Both my friend and I both have Human armies that are made from Brettonian and Empire models. Do whatever the freak you want. It's your money. They're all humans so the WYSIWYG crowd should be appeased and gaming should be easy. I see it as a chance to get 2 armies for the price of one. If anyone gives you grief, ignore them. Like I said, it's your models/$$ and a game/hobby you're trying to enjoy. So enjoy it and don't worry about what others think.

The plain facts are that the Brettonian line looks a bit better than the old, old empire line. I like the peasants over the new/old soldiers of the empire models. It's all a matter of preferences.

+ Reply to Thread