3000-Point Empire Helmsgart Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    has a ca-fading facade Jackmoddle's Avatar
    Left Field
    5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

223 (x4)

3000-Point Empire Helmsgart Army

Hey, guys. This is a tentative army of 3,000 that I'm working toward for fantasy tabletop. I don't play that much so I picked the models as much for enjoyment of painting as anything else, but the plan is to have a decent force that will be strong against most armies or pared down to beat specific opponents. Let me know what you think, criticism is always welcome.

Templar Grand Master of the White Wolves- Mace of Helsturm, Jade Amulet 245
    Wizard Lord (Beast Lore)- Lvl. 4, Pegasus, Armour of Tarnus, Rod of Power,
    Alfred's Casket of Sorcery 360

Captain of the Reiksguard (Battle Standard Bearer)- Full Plate Armour, Barded
    Warhorse, Wyrmslayer Sword, Silver Horn 147
    Warrior Priest- 2nd HW, Gilded Armour 134
    Master Engineer- Light Armour, Mechanical Steed, Hochland Long Rifle, Pigeon
    Bombs, Orb of Thunder 167

Core Units

35 Halberdiers (Led by Warrior Priest)- Full Command 195
    -Crossbowmen detachment (10) 80
    -Free Companies detachment (10) 50
    12 Knights of the Reiksguard (Led by Captain)- Full Command, Steel Standard 336
    8 White Wolves(Led by Grand Master)- Full Command, War Banner 239
    20 Handgunners- Full Command, Hochland Long Rifle 200
    - Archers Detachment (10) 80

Special Units

14 Greatswords- Full Command, Banner of the Daemonslayer 220
    5 Pistoliers- Outrider w/
    Repeater Pistol, Musician 114
    5 Pistoliers- Outrider w/Repeater Pistol, Musician 114
    1 Great Cannon 100

Rare units

2 Helblaster Volley Gun 220

Total = 3001

I know the army doesn't have much of a foot infantry core base but this is because I am nervous about them being too slow getting into CC and getting shot to bits on the way with their light armour. Instead, I focused on having a fair bit of firepower in the handguns and the Cannons, and I chose a lot of mounted models to get around the battlefield quickly so that I could engage some the weaker units earlier on and cause some casualties before the main of the battle because some of my more elite units aren't all that large (only 14 greatswords and 8 white wolves). I focused a lot of my points into heroes because I've seen a lot of elf, chaos and vampire armies where the heroes are the ones to beat, and even though I may be lacking a bit in the magic section against some armies I think that my characters make up for it in all-around usefulness.

Send me your thoughts and ideas!

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

14 (x1)

i would perhaps get a battle wizard or wizard lord to help you out in the magice phase. plus it adds a little more firepower. id also maybe drop the detachment and just get a unit of swordsmen because they willl probably last longer then your militia will.

+ Reply to Thread