1500 pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pt army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt army

Heros
    Captain w/hammer of judgement and meteoric iron and pistol - general
    Battle wizard w/rod of power
    Master engineer wmechanical steed, light armor, pigeon bombs, hochland longrifle

Troops
    20 Swordsmen - full command
    20 Swordsmen - full command
    10 Handgunners- full command/ champ with hochland longrifle
    10 Handgunners- full command/ champ with hochland longrifle

Special
    20 Greatswords - full command
    5 Outriders - full command/ champ with hochland longrifle
    Great cannon

Rare
    Hellblaster Volley Gun

im going for a support type army with ALOT of sniping so give me your thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full commands in the outriders and handgunner units are points probably better spent in other places. In the outriders, the musician is the most important, and the champion is essential for the rifle, but the banner is just points you're handing to your opponent if he manages to get into combat with the unit anyway. The handgunners may not need anything at all other than the champion. When I field them I usually just include the marksman with a repeater to give them a little more oomph- but i don't expect them to fight very well in combat against anything that manages to get to them. (though looking at it, seems like outriders can't take standards, so you can disregard that comment-I assume Standard/Musician/Champion when I see "Full Command")

Also, I love the idea of pigeon bombs, but they aren't terribly reliable and its either them or the rifle during the shooting phase- and neither if you move. The engineer has a lot of points that he's not going to be using the most of the game if you plan on sniping. A lot of it comes down to how you plan to use the engineer. If I wanted to field one with a rifle, I'd have him on foot with the hellblaster or cannon to make use of his engineer ability, without the pigeon bombs- giving you enough points to start on another unit- thats half way to another great cannon- or a small detatchment for one of your core units- or another couple outriders.
    For that matter, having two mobile long rifles seems a like a bit of a waste. If you want to be sniping, you shouldn't be moving- not very much anyway. Outriders are great for blasting away at an army's flanks- but at a flank, I can't imagine much for a sniper to shoot at beyond rank and file or crew that he wouldn't be able to target from a static position at your army's core- and the outriders are going to want to move until they are outside of charge arcs. While with outriders, the rifle isnt expensive and the move-or fire thing applies to the whole unit, a lot of the perks of the rifle- the range, the being able to target things outside of the unit- seem slightly out of place with outriders. Depending on how you plan to use your rifles, you may be better off simply fielding more regular outriders so that the whole unit has a bit more survivability and more shots.

Also, personally, I don't think having the single wizard is going to get you much help- though this depends on what you typically play against. I tend to play against a lot of severely magic heavy armies, so a single wizard is just going to be overwhelmed by dispel and power dice- you could use the points for the wizard on another rifle if youre aiming for sniping. The rod is best if you have more wizards, and therefore more dice. Just a personal preference though.

If you get rid of the Rod, the standards in the handgunner units, the engineer's bombs and steed, and the outrider champion/rifle, that gives you about 5 points shy of fielding a whole extra unit of marksmen with a long rifle, an extra great cannon, or another unit/more outriders... and I tend to play under the presumption that more is better. Of course I've outnumbered skaven with my empire army before, and don't tend to use a lot of missile troops... so take whatever I say with a grain of salt .

Otherwise, you have a solid core of troops, should things get hairy, and a pretty flexible army overall.

+ Reply to Thread