Librarium Online Forums banner

Looking for a good Empire novel

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Zema 
#1 ·
I find that i often get a lot of painting drive from reading about "my" army, this happenend when i read the space wolves omnibus for instance: that really got me going on my SW army.

Now i was wondering if you could give me some advice on novels based on or relating to the Empire? Any shining gems in this area?

#7 ·
The Gotrek and Felix books are all good, and most take place in the Empire. Most of the good Fantasy books aren't Empire though (never read black hearts). Fell Cargo is sweet (zombie pirates), as are the Malus Darkblade books. I have to say, though, that while I think that Warhammer Fantasy is a better game, I feel that the 40k novels are better written.

#8 ·
I found something!

Very appropriate:

I've begun reading it, it's not a terrible good book, it's not terrible either. Just... too many clichés.

Still open for more suggestions!

#11 ·
I have seen heldenhammer, that'll be my next buy.

I finished reading the marienburer novel. I give it a 7. Not terrible but not very good neither. Kinda a lot of cliches and standard fantasy characters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.